𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

"Reporting for portal duty!" Lizzie exclaimed, "I brought backup." She gestured beside her where Josie, Evelyn, and Charlotte were.

Evelyn and Josie sat on the bench across from Hope while Charlotte and Lizzie sat down beside her. "So, this is...nice, right?" Lizzie asked. "Together again."

"It's great." Hope said, "It's awesome." Charlotte continued. "So incredibly wonderful." Evelyn murmured.

"I mean, for the three of you not to be talking to each other just because you're mad about trust and secrets and a garden gnome's feelings. I think we're more evolved than that as women." Lizzie told them.

"Absolutely." Hope nodded, "Without a doubt." Charlotte added, "For sure." Evelyn said.

"Good. Because, personally, I've never been better." Lizzie said, "My work paid off. My mind is sharp. All perceived mental breakdowns were a figment of my imagination fed by two manipulative vampires who will remain forever my enemies."

"What's going on with Sebastian?" Hope questioned.

"Headmaster Downton Abbey wants us to enroll him to keep him off the streets." Lizzie responded, "But after deliberately letting me think that I was unwell, I will not let that happen."

"You should forgive MG." Josie spoke up.

"Never." Lizzie said back. "He didn't want to hurt you." Josie told her.

"He hid things from me. Zero stars." Lizzie said.

"He's not the only friend keeping secrets." Charlotte pointed out. "I didn't want to hurt you guys either." Hope said.

"Yeah, well, zero stars." Evelyn mumbled.

"Is that what I think it is?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah." Hope responded, causing Charlotte to nod slowly. "Here." Hope held it out, "I don't need it anymore."

"Thanks." Charlotte said, slowly taking it from her hand.

An awkward silence filled the air before Lizzie said, "Look at us. Clear hearts and minds. Letting the power of our intellect rule the day over our emotions. Moving forward with dignity and grace." Lizzie wrapped her arms around Hope and Charlotte and pulled them close to her. "This is the true definition of girl power. I'm proud of us."