2021:19-Glitter

"Habibiti, you're ill. You should be resting and getting better before you attempt to work." Damian spoke, concerned.

Marinette rubbed her nose with her long sleeve, her hair in disarray, shaking her head.

"It's not that much that has to be done. If I can finish it now, then I can rest longer." the sick designer spoke.

"You need to sleep, Angel. I can plainly see that you are exhausted. At this rate, you are bound to make a mistake and will create a larger problem." the young Wayne spoke, trying to persuade his girlfriend.

"Dami, I'm fine!" Marinette cried, "I-I, ACHOO!!!"

Suddenly, Damian's screen was covered by pink and silver dust. Marinette groaned as she was covered in glitter. It was everywhere: Her hair, her face, her clothes, her desk, her notebook, her design!

Damian found himself chuckling before it turned into laughter. He looked to see his tired designer girlfriend, looking even more miserable then before. Mari sighed, as she dragged her hands over her face, hoping to magically erase the damage.

"I guess this is the universe's way of siding with you." Marinette sighed, "I'll go shower and then take a nap."

Damian made sure his hand covered his smile, "You should, Angel. Your work will still be there in the morning. Surely, you will be more alert and aware of what you are doing."

Marinette nodded her head, lightly, "Night, Damian."

"Night, Marinette." Damian answered as the call ended.

Not even five minutes later, Damian was alerted by phone as a notification went off.

'Sabine?'

He opened the text message to see a picture of his angel, looking defeated, and covered in glitter. He couldn't help but cover the giant smile on his face. Underneath the picture it read: What happened?

Damian: She sneezed with glitter in the vicinity

Sabine: I'll help her clean up

Damian: Thank you. She might try to help. Please attempt to persuade her to sleep, instead. She isn't feeling well.

Sabine: I will Damian. TY for looking after her

Damian: Always, Sabine

Damian quickly saved the picture of his glitter covered angel to his phone and made it her contact picture. The young Wayne looked at it fondly and shook his head. He knew she would be annoyed the next morning about cleaning her workspace, but maybe this would serve as a reminder for her to listen to him about her health.

Sure enough, years later, anytime Mari was sick and wanted to work, all Damian would have to say was 'Glitter' before she stomped her way upstairs so she could sleep and he would be left with a smirk on his face. She had told him how she had found glitter all over her room for weeks. She washed her hair three times that night and there was still some in her hair when she went to school. She had even gotten the nickname 'Ladybug' after the brand of glitter she used, leaving sparkles wherever she went.