2022: 22-Forgive

Marinette and Damian were trapped in a snowy place by Mr. Freeze. Damian looked around.

'We were knocked out while we were heading from the café. They took me out first. Marinette seemed scared. We're somewhere that is long and rectangular. It's cold so maybe a cold storage container.'

The place was steadily growing colder. Damian brought Marinette closer to his body as she began to shiver from the cold. When she began to shake, the Wayne heir quickly shrugged off his jacket and helped her put it on, to warm up. When Mr. Freeze passed by, he didn't expect to see the Wayne boy cradling the girl. She was still and her lips were beginning to take on a shade of blue. The Wayne heir was holding her close and sobbing.

"Please, wake up Angel." Damian cried, "Please."

Victor looked at the scene before him and saw himself with his wife, Nora Fries. He quickly stopped the snow. Damian looked up and saw Freeze had opened the door. He glared at the rouge and pulled Marinette closer to him.

"I'm sorry." He spoke, "Please, get her somewhere warm."

Damian quickly stood up, with her, and walked towards the door. Before he move anywhere, the bats entered the warehouse.

"She needs medical attention." Mr. Freeze spoke up, immediately, "I'll go with you; I won't run."

Batman looked at his son's girlfriend. Her lips were blueish and Damian had tear tracks on his cheeks.

"Give her to me." he demanded.

The Dark Knight quickly took off his cape and wrapped her in it. He clicked a button on the inside and activated a heating mechanism. Damian didn't move anywhere as Red Hood placed cuffs on Dr. Victor Fries and called in a transfer to Arkham. His eyes never left Marinette.

"What happened?" Batman asked, looking into Freeze's cell.

"I was only holding them with some snow." Freeze declared, "When I saw the Wayne boy asking her to wake up, it reminded me of my wife. She was his priority. I didn't mean to hurt them, to hurt her. Please, let me know if she's okay."

Bruce watched on as Damian never left Marinette's side. Once she was warm enough, Tikki emerged from slumbering in Marinette's coat pocket.

"I'm sure I come off as a bit of a shcok, but this is an emergency!" Tikki exclaimed, "She needs a lot more heat and blankets to warm up. If not, she will go into hibernation until it is warm enough to shake her out of it. The longest one of my chosen has slept is four months."

Damian quickly rushed upstairs to grab all of the blankets he had available. Tikki few after him, filling him in more about Marinette's hibernation status. Bruce left Alfred in charge of her health and went back to Arkham Asylum.

"Freeze." Batman called out.

"How is she?" Victor asked.

"She had an underlying condition." the dark knight explained, "If that girl gets too cold, she faints and her blood circulation slows down. Almost like a hibernation status. She has woken up already once. They are covering her with heating blankets to help her recuperate."

"I'm sorry." Victor whisper.

'I'll never harm that girl again.'

Marinette blinked her eyes open.

"You're awake." Batman stated, "Dr. Freeze has been apprehended. He has apologized for holding you in such conditions. He immediatley gave himself over to GCPD and asked for you to be looked after."

Marinette smiled, softly, "When I'm better, can I go see him?"

"Absolutely not!" Damian growled, "You're not getting anywhere near him!"

"He's already locked away." Mari replied, "I wouldn't be going into the cell with him."

"He hurt you." Damian declared.

"He said he set you both free when he realized something was wrong with her." Bruce interrupted, earning his son's wrath.

"Exactly." Mari yawned, "He could have kept us in there and I could have died. He didn't want that. He realized he made a mistake."

"I don't like this, Habibiti." Damian stated.

Marinette just smiled at him.

Freeze was shocked to see the girl from before, in front of his cell.

"I'm sorry!" he shouted, "I was only going to hold you temporarily. I didn't think you would be harmed."

"Thank you for letting us go when you saw I needed help." Marinette spoke, "I don't think any other rouge would have done."

"You remind me of my wife." Dr. Freeze admitted, "She suffers from a incurable condition."

Marinette smiles, "I forgive you. I know you are a good person. You've just made some bad choices, but you are tryign to help your wife."

Freeze stared at her as she walked away. He felt his tears harden on his cheeks.

'When I get out of here, I vow, she'll never be in harms way next time.'