2023:26-Sparkles

Marinette had moved to Gotham. She had opened up a small shop that had a house in the second story. She would be a seamstress, while making her own comissions on the side. The newest addition to her move, was a puppy. He was still in training. She had heard how dangerous Gotham was and decided to get a guard dog. She had named him Damian.

"Damian!" she cried out, "Damian! Damian, where are you?"

Damian Wayne was annoyed. He was in the park with Titus and somoene kept calling out his name. Titus was starting to bark in response, likely calling attention to him. Damian stood up and decided it was better to confront the person causing a scene.

Damian opened his mouth to shout at them to stop calling his name when an Akita ran up to the girl. She kneel down and hugged it.

"Damian, you're back!" She smiled.

Damian blushed, watched the girl rub the dog's fluffy mane. Her smile shone brightly. Her eyes sparkled with happiness. Most of the time, he saw people with animals, but they're eyes seemed bored. Their pet had become a chore to them. The girl, in front of him, seemed to really care about him. The girl extended her hand, holding out a treat. Damian cleared his throat, drawing her attention.

"You shouldn't give him a treat after." he spoke.

Marinette turned to see a guy standing a few steps away from her. She looked at him confused.

'Was he talking to me?'

"He ran away?" He asked, "Correct?"

Mari nodded, closing the her fingers over the treat, before her dog could get it.

"Giving him a treat will teach him it is okay to run away from you." the boy declared.

"Oh." She replied, frowning, "Sorry. I'm still learning. It's my first time having a pet and I thought I was making progress training him."

'I need to read those training books more when the store gets slow.'

Mari noticed her dog, jumping excitedly, wagging his tail, waiting for his treat. Standing next to the boy was a black dog, remaining still.

'I guess he knows what he's talking about.'

"What exactly are you training him for?" he asked.

"Guard dog." she answered.

"Why?" he questioned.

"Let's just say.....people don't really like me." Marinette spoke, "They will, at first, then they all turn on me. Damian will be my protector."

"So Damian the Dog is-" he began.

"It's just Damian." Mari replied, glaring at him.

He chuckled, "So am I. I thought someone was calling my name, earlier."

"Oh!" she replied, shocked, "I'm so sorry."

"It is quite alright." He stated, "I named my cat after my grandfather. He is called Alfred the Cat. I suppose correcting you was a habit." making her giggle.

"I trained my own dog." Damian declared, "Perhaps I may be of some service."

"Really?" She smiled, "I'd like that a lot. Thank you, Damian the Human."

Marinette turned to her dog, Damian, hiding her blush.

'He's so cute. Why do I keep falling for guys with green eyes that sparkle? Damn, this weakness!'

"Let us exchange numbers." Damian the Human called out, "We need to set a schedule to meet up."

They exchanged numbers. Marinette listed him as Damian the Human.

"Marinette." he poke.

She looked up at him.

"Just testing it out." he smirked, walking away.

Mari flushed and made sure her dog's leash was properly attached before leading him away.