2023:22-You're Drooling

CONTINUED FROM 'HIDING IN THE SHADOWS'

Marinette had adjusted quickly to working at Wayne Enterprise part time. True to his word, Damian never mentioned her actual identity. Damian had taken to asking for some designs. She never mentioned it, but she may have enjoyed measuring him. Damian took to teasing her, claiming she needed a step ladder to completely measure him. She would glare at him and go back to her deisgns.

Marinette sat comfy in her sweater dress and legging, at her home, when the doorbell rang.

'Who could that be?'

She opened the door to see Damian.

'What is he doing here?'

"Uh, come in, Mr. Wayne." Marinette spoke, opening the door wider.

"Damian." he stated.

Mari blushed, "Please, come in, Damian."

Damian entered her place. He could see her desk littered with designs and some stuck to the wall.

"Am I interrupting?" The Wayne heir questioned.

"More of...getting a head start." She answered, "Right now, I'm taking a break."

"I wanted to ask you something." Damian declared.

"Another comission?" Marinette asked.

"Yes and no." he replied.

Marinette looked at him confused.

"As you are aware, I have to go back to Gotham for the Wayne Gala." Damian declared, "I do need a suit for that."

"Okay." Mari answered, grabbing a notebook from the counter to take notes.

"I was hoping you would accompany me....as my date." Damian stated.

Marinette flushed at his suggestion.

"Of course, my date would need a design of her own and who knows; maybe, she will gain more clients." He continued.

Marinette glared at him, "You planned this."

"I like to make sure I'm prepared." Damian answered, "You can always say no to being my date."

"Would we be co-workers?' Mari asked.

"No." He spoke.

Marinette smiled, "Then, I'd love to. I'll work on your design and make sure it's up to your standards."

Damian moved closer, "When will I see your design?"

"That night." she replied.

Damian smirked, "Then, I'll wait."

Damian sighed. He was waiting inside of Marinette's hotel room. His father had insisted that he stay at the manor, even though he had brought someone back from Paris. There was no way he was letting Marinette stay at Wayne Manor with his family.

"Marinette." Damian called.

"I'm coming!" She called back.

Marinette opened the door and stepped out. Damian couldn't believe his eyes. The Wayne heir had seen Marinette stressed out, he had seen her excited, drunk, but never dressed like this. Her dress even went with his suit. Marinette walked right past him.

"Are you coming, Damian?" Marinette questioned, at the door.

Damian nodded and opened the door for her.

The Waynes were shocked to see Damian at the gala with a date.

"I love your dress!" Selina cried out, "Where did you get it?"