2021:28-Call A Friend

Jon was confused by the sudden phone. Damian had called him to meet him at the ravine in the woods. It sounded urgent, but he couldn't help but wonder about all the secrecy.

"Why did you want to meet out here?" Jon asked, floating down, next to Damian's motorcycle.

"I didn't want anyone to follow us." his friend sneered, "Isn't that obvious?"

Jon sighed, "Okay? What's up? Is it a League issue?"

Damian remained silent. Jon tilted his head in confusion.

'Is he seriously double guessing calling me out her? This must be serious! He usually just tells me.'

"Are you okay?" Jon questioned.

Damian nodded.

"Is ...your family okay?" he continued to pry, only to get another nod, "Did your dad adopt another kid?"

"Surprisingly not." the young Wayne answered.

'He spoke! Okay; progress.'

"Are you in trouble?" Jon asked.

After a moment of silence Jon opened his mouth for another question, only to be silenced.

"No." Damian declared.

'He hesitated? He already said it wasn't League related. He just tells me when his brothers bother him.'

"Do you my help for something?" Jon questioned.

Damian sighed and looked away.

'That's a yes.'

"Damian, tell me." Jon pressed, "You know I'll give my honest opinion and-"

"Marinette." the young Wayne spoke.

"The new girl?" the super asked, confused.

Damian nodded, crossing his arms and looking away. Jon looked over his best friend. His heart was beating rapidly. He wasn't making eye contact with him and he was fidgeting with his fingers, as if he want his dagger. He only reached for it when he was nervous.

'No way!'

"You like her!" Jon exclaimed.

His friend sighed, keeping his eyes on the woods.

"Okay! So, how do you plan on telling her?" Jon questioned, happily for his best friend.

"I'm....unsure." Damian declared.

"You want my help?" the super asked.

"I'm- I have never been one to express my true feelings." he answered, "Thanks to Mother."

Jon paced back and forth, thinking of how to help his best friend. His best friend with a crush! His smile only grew.

"How about you write it down?" Jon spoke, "Oh or you could draw her something!"

Damian shook his head at the options.

"No good, huh?" Jon questioned, "Well, what does she like? I can only assume you know."

"Fashion, she sketches, cooks, bakes, rock music." Damian began to list off.

"Maybe something to do with those?" Jon offered.

Damian said nothing as he revved his bike and drove away.

"That's it! You're not gonna tell me?" Jon shouted, "Did I even help?"

Damian walked up to Marinette at school and handed her a gift that was wrapped in paper. Marinette looked at him confused, but took it nonetheless.

"For you." Damian spoke.

Marinette looked down at the wrapped gift and then back up at him. When she got to Gotham Academy, she was told that the one person she never wanted to cross was Damian Wayne. She had him in several classes with him, but she couldn't comprehend why he was giving her a gift. They hadn't talked much, but they had worked on projects together. She had always made sure to get straight to the point with him and kept a physical distance. It hadn't been hard to notice that he didn't like other people in his personal space or people annoying him with unnecessary information.

"May I open it now?" she asked.

Damian nodded in response. Marinette curiously opened the gift. Inside was a leather bound sketchbook. She carefully opened the book and saw the first page. In beautiful cursive read: To fill the pages of your wildest dreams so they may come true. Underneath it was a watercolor painting of the Eiffel Tower.

Mari whispered in shock, "Did.....Did you paint this?"

Damian nodded, unsure of her reaction. When she began to tear up, he began to panic.

'This was not my intention!'

"I hoped that-" the young Wayne began.

Marinette quickly hugged him and kissed both of his cheeks. Damian knew it was customary in Paris, but it didn't mean it hadn't taken him by surprise for her to kiss him.

"This is so wonderful, Damian!" Marinette smiled, in French, "Thank you!"

Damian nodded and noticed they had attracted a crowd. No one else seemed to have any idea what was exciting the new girl.

'Good.'

"I was hoping I could take you out to dinner." Damian stated, back in French, "I am aware it's not the cooking you are use to, but there is a French resturant-"

"I'd love to." Marinette smiled, a blush prominent on her cheeks.

"Would tonight at six be open in your schedule?" he questioned.

"It is." she replied.

Damian grasped her hand and brought it to his lips, before placing a kiss on it. Mari blushed at the new contact.

'I could get use to seeing her like that.'

"I'll pick you up at 5:30." Damian smirked, before walking down the hall.

Marinette smiled, brought her new sketchbook to her chest, and wore a smile as she walked down the hallway to her class.

Jon quickly heard the rumor how the Ice Prince of Gotham brought the biggest smile to the new girl's face.

'I guess I helped.'