2021:20-Best Friend's Wedding

Marinette smiled happily looking across from her. She was soon to be Mrs. Marinette Wayne.

"Does anyone object to these two being joined in matrimony; let them speak now or forever hold your peace." the priest spoke.

Everyone looked around and smiled as no one said anything. The priest smiled and opened his mouth to continue, but was silenced as the door slammed open. Everyone turned their gaze to see Adrien leaning at the door frame.

"Sorry, I'm late." Adrien panted, "Plane was delayed. Didn't want to miss my best friend's wedding."

Marinette began to laugh, as he made his way down the aisle. Adrien got up to the alter and hugged the bride.

"Sorry, Bugaboo." he whispered.

"You really do have bad luck, Chaton." she giggled.

Adrien looked at her confused, before the priest cleared his throat. Adrien quickly ran to the front row and took a seat with Damian's siblings.

The wedding continued as planned, without any other interruptions. There wasn't a dry eye in the church as their vows were spoken. Everyone could tell how much they loved each other and Damian's family knew that he would go to Hell and back for her.

It wasn't until the reception that Adrien learned of his untimely arrival. Horrified, he quickly searched for Marinette in the crowd.

"Mari!" he cried, running up to her, "Please tell me I didn't!"

"Didn't what, Adrien?" she questioned, confused.

"That I almost ruined your wedding! That I interrupted the during the wrong moment." he stated.

Marinette giggled, "Sorry, Chaton, but you know I don't like to lie."

Adrien groaned, "Oh my god! I thought people were just staring at me because I was super late!"

Mari couldn't help but laugh, "What happened?"

"I would have been here sooner, but the plane was delayed." he sighed, "I also had to ditch a photoshoot. I told Father I had this day schedule as free, but he scheduled me anyways, so I just packed and ran."

"How did he take it?" Mari asked.

"He didn't let me talk so I hung up on him and turned off my phone." the Agreste heir shrugged.

"Have you-" she began.

"It's still off." Adrien interrupted.

Marinette smiled and pulled out her phone, rolling her eyes at how silly her best friend was. Within an instant, she dialed his father's number.

"Who is this?" Gabriel demanded.

"This is Marinette, Mr. Agreste." she announced.

"She's Adrien's friend, Sir." Marinette heard Natalie respond.

"Mr. Agreste?" she called.

"I'm here." he answered, "Have-"

"I wanted to thank you so much for allowing Adrien to come to my wedding." the bride interrupted, "It means so much to me that he was able to be here. I know you both have a very tight schedule with Paris Fashion Week coming up. Damian and I were happy to see a friendly face."

"Um, yes. Adrien spoke of your wedding." Gabriel stated, "I can't say the name 'Damian' rings a bell though."

"Oh, yes. We kept our relationship out of the media eyes for as long as possible, until one of his siblings accidentally tweeted the announcement on his public account." Mari giggled.

"Your husband, again?" he questioned.

"My apologies, Mr. Agreste. I am officially Marinette Wayne; wife of Damian Wayne." she smiled.

Gabriel began to pale in his seat. He was quick to clear his throat.

"Of course, Adrien wouldn't miss it." he spoke, "He brought his gift, right?"

"Well, the plane got delayed quite a bit, as he wasn't able to get out here earlier, so I'm unsure. It's of no matter, having my best friend at my wedding was a gift enough. If he forgot it, I'll be in Paris during Fashion Week."

"You're quite welcome, Mrs. Wayne." Gabriel answered.

"Oh! I should go." Mari expressed, "We'll be cutting the cake soon."

"Congratulations again." Gabriel stated, before quickly hanging up.

Adrien and Marinette began to bust up laughing, knowing she had won that battle.

"Teasing the competition?" Damian questioned, kissing her cheek.

"Not in the slightest." she answered, "I just got Adrien out of trouble, again."

"Father doesn't know, does he?" Adrien asked.

"Nope." Mari smiled.

"Know what, Angel?" Damian asked.

"I told Gabriel that I would see him at fashion week. I never mentioned I was his competitor." the new Mrs. Wayne replied.

"May I have this dance, Mrs. Wayne?" he questioned with a smile.

"You may." Mairnette smiled back.

Adrien smiled as he watched his best friend dance with the love of her life.