2023:12-Betrayal(SUB)

CONTINUATION OF 10-DEFEATED...

The fashion department of Wayne Enterprise found the whole situation between Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Damian Wayne funny. Damian avoided their area, as demanded by the other Waynes and Marinette. They took to calling them Wayne Enterprise's own Romeo and Juliet, seperated by his family. Everyone knew they were dating.

Marinette had agreed to date him and Damian had been happy to try to work out his emotions. She had asked to keep their dates casual for a bit: coffee, movies, cafés. She didn't want anything big for at least six months, if they made it that far.

Damian refused to admit it, but he was excited. It had now been a year since he met her. She had changed his view of thinking and challenged him.

"Marinette, will you have dinner with me?" Damian questioned, as he handed her a coffee.

"Yeah." Marinette answered, "When?"

"I do not mean our usual dinner." he replied with a smirk, "It has been six months, as you requested. I would like to invite you out and make a reservation."

Mari looked at him, surprised.

'Has it actually been that long already? He has been nice and he hasn't gone back to how he was when we first met.'

"Yes." she smiled, "I'd love to."

Damian felt his lungs betray him, as he stood in Marinette's place. He hadn't expected Marinette to come out in a cocktail dress, her hair down in waves, or in heels. Damian thought back to those months long ago, when he confessed.

Damian felt his family walk away from them and give them privacy. Marinette had leaned close to him when they had left.

"If you think my business suits are innapropriate, Mr. Wayne, then we're gonna have a problem when we go out on an actual date." Marinette declared.

Damian had felt his ears warm up.

He didn't think she had been telling the truth. Her cocktail dress was above her knees and the dress was off the shoulder, revealing her collarbones.

"Ready to go, Damian?" Marinette asked.

"Yes." He answered, his heart betraying him further.

He had made sure to make a reservation ahead of asking her, just in case.

"I enjoyed our time at the resturant." Damian spoke, walking Marinette back to the door of her apartment.

Mari smiled, "It wasn't bad and the food wasn't horrible. It was nice to have French cuisine again. Maybe it's something we could do every other month?"

"I would find that enjoyable." the Wayne heir answered, "You were also correct. You surprised me with your apparel, yet again."

"Oh?" Marinette inquired, leaning in.

Marinette bent her knee backwards and lifted her leg, gaining his attention. Mari reached down and pulled wha appeared to be her skin. She could tell Damian was confused as to why her skin was elastic.

"Skin tone leg warmers." Marinette smiled, "Insulated, too."

Damian turned to her, about to ask a question, when she kissed him.

"Good night, Damian." Mari spoke before going inside and closing the door.

Damian stood outside the closed door. It took him a moment to realize she had really gone inside. He chuckled to himself.

'She still continues to surprise me. Mother would definitely like her.'