2022: 26-Honour

Marinette looked back at her phone, trying to follow the directions to Cosmic Threads. She was new to Gotham, but it had been listed as one of the best fabric stores in the city. She couldn't wait to create her latest design.

As she turned the corner, she was bowled over by a group of older boys.

"Sorry!" they shouted, as the continued to run down the street.

Marinette sighed as she picked up her phone from the floor. As she picked it up, she noticed a black wallet on the floor.

'Must belong to one of those boys. I can drop it off on my way back from the store.'

Suddenly, her arm was grabbed and she was face to face with The Penguin.

'Son of a bitch! No wonder why they ran! They at least could have warned me!'

The batboys winced when they saw the girl they had run into, in the arms of The Penguin. He had his umbrella gun pointed right at her and she didn't look happy. She didn't even look scared; she looked pissed off. Once they entered the fight, it wasn't hard for him to claim her as a hostage. All it had taken was a well thrown batarang to knock the umbrella out of his hand, but he had quickly tossed her off to the side. Red Hood protected her and told her to run through a side exit and was gone. No more distractions. Marinette quickly ran out only to run into the cops.

'Looks like I can't go shopping today. Guess I might as well return the wallet.'

Marinette looked inside and saw a Gotham ID. The wallet belonged to Damian Wayne.

After Marinette had given her statements, she turned to leave. She turned towards the crowd and saw the boys from before. Marinette walked up to them and threw the wallet at them.

"Thanks for the tip, Assholes!" she shouted.

Damian picked up the wallet and looked inside, "So, how much did you steal?"

Marinette was quick to punch him in his face, breaking his nose.

"You-" he cried out.

Jason and Dick held Damian in place, as she glared at him.

"How honorable you are, Coward." She sneered.

Marinette turned away and quickly let the scene. Jason let go of Damian's shirt and started laughing. Dick called for a medic to come look at his youngest brother. Tim sighed, and looked down.

'Blood? Was she injured by the Penguin?'

Tim left to follow. It hadn't been that hard to catch up with her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." she growled and continued walking.

Tim looked her over and noticed a gash on her leg. Rapidly, he picked her up. Marinette started struggling, trying to break free.

"Hey! Put me down! Help! Help!" Mari began to scream, as Tim took her back to the crime scene.

"Hey!" Tim called out, "She needs medical attention. She's just stubborn!"

"I can take care of myself" Marinette cried out.

"Oh, really?" Damian questioned, as he held a cloth to his nose, "What were you going to do? Stitch yourself up?"

"Yes." Mari answered.

Damian recoiled in shock. He looked her up and down. The gash was the length of her inner calf and appeared deep.

"I doubt you have the medical training to handle something of that magnitude." Damian declared.

"And I doubt you know how to be a gentleman!" she replied, "Oh, wait! You already proved that."

Damian glared at her as Drake hesitantly set her down.

"I can do it myself." Marinette explained.

"I can't allow that!" the EMT stated

"I was brought back against my will and do not wish to receive medical attention." she spoke, crossing her arms.

"Where are your parents?" the EMT questioned.

Marinette smiled, "Isn't emancipation the best."

The Wayne boys and the medical attendant looked at her in shock.

"Can anyone look after you?" they asked, "I have to accept you refused treatment, but I'd rather not have you go later to a hospital for blood loss."

Marinette rolled her eyes and picked up the cleaning solution from the ambulance. After she sprayed the solution on her, she grabbed the stitching needle with the thread. She quickly and easily stitched herself up. She wrapped her leg with cotton and gauze.

"Like sewing a shirt." She quipped.

Marinette hopped off the back of the ambulance and walked away.

Damian quickly grabbed her hand. Mari turned and glared at him.

"You are right. I should have spoken up as we rushed by, even grabbed your hand." he stated, "Let me do the honor of walking you home."

"I don't know." Marinette spoke, "You might attract more rouges along the way."

"Dinner then?" he suggested, "Come have dinner with us and I can make sure you are given a ride home."

She sighed, "You're not gonna stop until you redeem yourself, are you?"

"I'm told I stubborn." Damian declared.

Marinette looked at him and relented.

"Fine, but if I don't go home by seven, I'm calling the cops for kidnapping." she answered, "I'm already behind work because of you and have to get up earlier to get what I need now."

"Your injury won't hinder you?" he questioned, "Can't your boss give you a break?"

"I'm my own boss." Marinette smiled, "I do comission work from my own home. I was on my way to Cosmic Threads for some fabric."

"Maybe I can pay for your fabric then." Damian inquired.

Marinette winced, "I take hours to shop. I know exactly what I need and I'm picky when it comes to the quality of my work. It also won't be a frugal purchase."

"Don't worry." he smirked, "I can pay for it."

"Your wallet's funeral." She smiled back.