2022: 23-Swim

There was a heatwave in Paris. It was so hot that they felt like they were in a giant frying pan. The class thought the best thing to do would be to go to the pool. They already figured it would be packed with kids and parents. They didn't expect to see a paper on the aquatic center that said it was closed due to a reservation.

"They can't be closed!" Whined Alix.

"It's so hot." Nino sighed.

"I'm sure we can still get in." Lila declared, "It's probably a kid's birthday party or something. I'm sure we can convince them to let us hover in the deep end."

'Kim mentioned he was a lifeguard in training. All I have to mention is he's a lifeguard to the parents and they'll let us in. Free babysitting for Kim and we can swim.'

Lila had convinced the rest of the class that they could help with swimming lessons or even keep them an eye on the children. It would be simple and boring, but they would be cool and wet.

As they forced their way inside and walked into the pool area, they saw there was no party. The only person they saw was Marinette climbing out of the pool in a pink bikini with her hair down. None of them had known that the clumsy girl they knew was athletically built.

Before they could utter a word, a voice cried out, "Why are you here? Can you not read?"

A muscular guy with olive skin stepped into view. The girl stared in awe, while even Kim felt unworthy standing next to him.

'Who is this hottie and why is he with her?'

"Explain." he stated again.

"We-We just wanted to use the pool." Kim declared.

"You can return in two hours." he stated.

"Marinette knows us!" Lila smiled, "It's fine."

"Leave or I will contact the authorities." he demanded.

'What?'

"Dude, you can't hog the pool!" Nino complained.

"I can when I reserved it and bought out the hours." he commented.

'This guy reserved the whole pool?'

"Dami, how was my time?" Marinette questioned, walking up to him.

When Marinette noticed some of the class, she quickly covered herself up.

"Dami, is everything okay?" she asked, half way hiding behind the guy.

"Get my phone, Angel." he demanded, "I'll be pulling my services from this establishment."

"There's no need to do that." Rose spoke up.

"Yeah, Marinette, tell him you know us." Alya smiled.

"I do." Mari declared.

"See!" Alix shouted.

"And?" Marinette answered.

The class fell silent by Marinette's decleration and sudden change in attitude. Even Lila was shocked by her new hostility.

"I can't believe your acting like this with your friends!" the journalist snarled

Marinette scoffed, "All of you have told me several times that we are not friends. I don't see you as friends. The only reason we came here, instead of the hotel pool was because it's being cleaned."

"We can share the time." Nino tried to offer.

"Leave." Damian demanded.

"What?" Rose questioned.

"You're kicking us out?" Kim asked, surprised.

Marinette handed Damian his phone in plain view. The class looked from Marinette to the guy with her.

Mari smiled, "Damian is very honest so I'd listen to him. He means everything he says."

The class quickly gathered up thei belongings, they had thrown on the floor, and glared at her.

"You've changed." Alya declared.

"I know." she answered, "I prefer myself this way. You can thank Lila for being such a bitch and a liar to me. You showed me these assholes aren't my friends."

Damian pulled Marinette close to his side and smirked, "We'll do another ten laps. Then, have your last break before another ten. Once we're done, we'll head back to the hotel and get ready for our dinner date."

Marinette placed a kiss on his cheek and walked back towards the other end of the pool.

"I'd leave now." Damian snarled, "You are unwanted here."

The class quickly rushed out of the aquatic center.

"Was that really Marinette's boyfriend?" Nino wondered.

"He seems super scary." Rose declared, "Luka was much sweeter."

"Who cares?" Alya shouted.

"I can't believe she said we weren't friends!" Lila sniffled, "She said so many mean things about me, too."

"But she was right, too." Rose admitted, shocking Lila, "We said we weren't her friends, first."

"We didn't mean it, though." Kim cried out.

"I think, she thinks, we actually meant it." Alix answered.

Everyone looked around at each other and frowned.

"We just wanted her to be nice to Lila!" Alya insisted, "We never meant for her to take it to heart!"

'They were still friends with her?'

"She still could have shared the pool." Lila whined, "It's so hot."

"I looked it up." Nino sighed, "The hotel pool is closed all week."

"I'm still shocked she was doing laps." Kim commented, "She isn't on the swim team, but she definitely has the body of a swimmer."

Alix scoffed, "Who cares about her body; did you see those muscles? I wanna know how much she lifts! She might be a bigger muscle head than you, Monkey Brains."

"Well, did you see who she was with?" Nino shouted, "He was ripped! He had like ten pack! Kim is a jock and Adrien is a model. He looked better than both of them combined!"

Rose giggled, "She moved on from a model and rock star to a God."

"A scary 'God'." Lila frowned, "I can't believe he was going to call the cops on us."

Everyone frowned and looekd around.

"Ice cream?" Kim questioned.

"Sure." Alix responded, dropping the subject entirely.

Everyone followed Kim, dropping the fact that Marinette was no longer their friend, she had a boyfriend and that the pool was no longer an option. Lila followed slowly behind them, wondering how everything came to a halt.