2022: 13-Entwined

The Wayne family had spent two hours looking for Damian and Marinette. Damian was suppose to be in the BatCave, almost an hour ago. He had patrol that night and no one had see him.

"Is he out on a date?" Dick questioned, "I haven't seen Marinette, either."

"Demon Spawn hates having a night off, just like the bat." Jason stated.

"Was he taken, then?" Tim questioned.

"That would make Pixie a hostage." Jason declared.

Bruce sighed, "Let's not jump to conclusions. Finals are approaching; they are likely busy."

"We've been looking for them for hours!" Tim whined, "They should have heard us."

"Not necessarily." Dick stated, "The manor is huge. We all have our spots here or in the city for when we need to think. It's possible Damian went out."

"He isn't answering his phone." Bruce announced.

"Neither is Marinette." Tim spoke up.

"We haven't gotten a ransom note." Jason said, "They both were here for lunch so it had to be recent."

Dick sighed in relief. He took a quick picture and closed the door to Damian's room as quietly as possible.

BigD: Found them

Zombie: where?

Koffing: what was there excuse?

Bruce: Are they alright?

Dick smiled and sent the picture of them asleep in Damian's bed, entwined in each other's arms.

Zombie: They were alseep?!

Koffing: This whole time? Didn't they hear us shouting?

Bruce: Damian has been working hard this past couple weeks

Dick: And Marinette has been working on comissions all month

Zombie: They burnt out

Dick: Seems like it

Bruce: He likely tried to get her to sleep and fell asleep as well.

Dick: I call cuddle pile when Tim needs sleep.

Zombie: No!

Koffing: NO!

Dick: Why not? It worked for them!

Bruce saved the picture and smiled. It was one of the few times he saw Damian look so content. When he had first arrived at the manor, he was up all night and constantly trained himself. He had even gone without food, stating it was to discipline himself. He had changed so much since Talia had left him in his care. Yes; he still stayed up most nights. School hadn't worked for the most part, but he had a few select people who he would call Damian's friend.

Marinette had been the biggest change. Damian was still honest, but he now knew how much words effected someone. Marinette had seen to that. Damian had changed her as well. She had come to Gotham closed off. Damian had came home and hadn't spoken until dinner, when they had asked about his day. All he had said was 'She can smile.' and dinner turned to chaos. They wanted to know who had broken Damian and who the girl was. She had been invited over and now she was constantly in their lives. Perhaps, she would become entwined in his son's life and not just in his bed.