2021:30-Memory

Damian watched over Marinette as she slept. It had been a long day in the hospital, but Marinette had finally gave birth to their twins: one boy and one girl. He knew his wife was strong and she proved it time and time again.

He could still remember the day he met her. She had accidentally ran into him in Gotham on a trip with her Nona. She quickly apologized before she had jumped on the back of a motorcycle in a hurry and took off down the street. He shook his head and turned back the way he was headed, when he noticed a pink pencil on the ground. It had black polka dots along it. To see pink in Gotham was strange.

'Must be hers.'

Later that day, she happened to come to the manor. Her Nona knew Jason and he wanted to introduce her to his family. When Damian saw her, he took the pencil he found and handed it back to her.

"My pencil!" she cried out happily, "Where did you get it?"

"You bumped into me earlier." he answered.

Marinete smiled and quickly took out her sketchbook, before drawing at lightning speed.

"Marinetta." her Nona chided.

"Sorry, Nona." she replied, "I'm just trying to quickly finish the sketch from this morning before I forget it."

Damian inched closer in curiosity. He was surprised to see a dress come to life on the page. Who knew that a pencil would bring him together with his future wife and mother of his children.

"Dami?" Marinette whispered, calling out for him.

"I'm here, Habibiti." he spoke, walking up to her bedside.

"Did I wake you?" she questioned, sleepily.

"No." Damian answered.

"Have you slept?" Marinette asked.

"I'll sleep in a moment." Damian whispered, kissing her head.

"Did one of the twins wake up?" the new mother asked.

"No." Damian replied, "I was just remembering how far we've come along."

Marinette smiled, "I'd go though it all again."

Damian smiled, leaned down, and placed a kiss on her lips, "Get some sleep, Angel. You worked so hard today. Let your body heal. We have our greatest obstacle ahead of us."

Mari giggled and looked over at the two bassinets, near the bed.

"We do; don't we." she smiled.

"There is nothing we can't handle." he replied.

"I'll remember that when you complain of diapers." Marinette yawned.

Damian smiled, as he stroked her head, until his wife fell asleep. He made his way to the chair by the twin's bassinets. No one would be getting close to their children, unless her allowed it. As he feel asleep, he silently thanked his mother for his training. No one would ever harm his family.