2023:24-Archaic

Marinette looked around the camp. She had been kidnapped at the age of five by Talia Al Ghul.

"You will be seen and not heard. The only person you speak to is me." Talia ordered, "If you speak, I will go back and kill your parents."

Marinette nodded and remained silent. She was told she would be learning and working as a seamstress. Talia ensured she would remain silent by telling the elder lady she was mute. She could only nod or shake her head.

Damian Al Ghul was fond of the elder seamstress. The last thing he expected to see was a girl around his age there.

"Who are you?" he questioned, but the girl remained silent.

Damian began to hit and kick her, but she never spoke her name.

"My Prince!" the elder lady exclaimed, quickly rushing to the young girl.

"She refused to answer me." Damian declared, "She wouldn't even tell me her name."

"She is mute; she doesn't speak, Young Prince!" the seamstress cried out, "Your mother brought her to me. She is to take over when I fall."

Damian looked to the girl. She was curled up in the corner. She had tears pouring down her face, but she didn't even whimper; not a sound. The young prince turned back the elder.

"Hurry up and do your job." the prince declared.

Damian took note that as the seamstress measured him, the girl took notes. She was quick and efficient. Once the notes were done, the girl quickly left the home.

"My apologies, Young Prince." the seamstress apologized, "Had I known, I would have explained before your arrival."

"Is she good?" Damian questioned.

"Yes." the seamstress answered.

Damian quickly went to his mother's side.

"There's a new girl." Damian spoke.

"The old one's hands are starting to shake. She is taking longer to supply is. The seamstress has stated that the girl is able to make them faster than she ever could." Talia declared, "Leave the girl alone."

"What should I call her?" he questioned.

"The seamstress." Talia replied, "Why would you call her anything else?"

Damian returned a week later to see the girl asleep near fifty folded clothes. The seamstress grabbed the clothes, quietly.

"I was just about to take them." the seamstress whispered.

"She did these?" he questioned.

"Yes, Sir." she answered.

Damian took the clothes and looked them over.

'Mother was right. The quality seems better.'

Two months later, the Seamstress passed in her sleep. The tiny girl was now the Seamstress for the League. Damian would speak about his training, as he did the old one, as the girl measure him and took notes. Over time, he noticed his mother up late. He saw her teaching the girl Arabic, to read it and write it. It seemed like understandable to him, how else was she suppose to understand if something was wrong. Later, he noticed his mother teaching her to defend herself.

'Did something happen? Did someone else touch her?'

When he asked his mother, she smiled and asked him to join them. Damian quickly began to help her with her writing and her forms. She was flexible and could quite possibly make for a deadly assassin, if his mother chose to speak up for her. He was sure his grandfather would refuse her, though. Over time, he began to enjoy his time in the Seamstress' shop. He would talk about his grandfather and his duties. She would smile and occasionally write something down and ask a question. If it was deemed appropriate, he would answer. Then, Slade attacked and she was gone.