2022: 11-Art(part2)

PART 2 OF AMBUSH

Damian had been holed up in his painting room for the last 2 weeks. He went to school, but returned back to the room once he got back. Alfred had taken to bringing tea and snacks to the room.

Bruce knocked on the door.

"A classmate is here, Damian." Bruce announced.

Damian sighed.

'Father is going to make me act civil and go downstairs. This is going to be bothersome and a waste of my time. I would prefer to stay in here and paint.'

"Alfred has her in the kitchen." Bruce called out.

'Her? What annoyance decided to act like she knew me, this time?'

"Who?" Damian sighed.

"Marinette?" Bruce answered.

Damian thought of how she helped him get away from the harpies in the library. Marinette was quick and smart. She made him appear to be in a relationship, without placing herself in the line of fire. He recalled how she lit up when she talked about art and fashion. She didn't brag about her own accomplishments or tried to show off to him. She kept her focus on the assignment, the whole time, and barely looked at him. It had been simple to talk with her. It had been, as if, she completely forgot that she had been close enough for him to smell the mint off her breath, the jasmine scent wafting off her clothes, and the shine on her lips.

"Very well." he spoke.

Damian washed off his paintbrushes and made sure to grab his key. He walked out and immediatley saw the disapproval on his father's face. He looked down. Damian saw he was in black sweats a muscle shirt, revealing his scars. He looked at paint on himself and his clothes, but he locked the door, anyways.

"You should clean up." Bruce insisted.

"It's fine." he commented and made his way down.

Marinette easily spotted Damian walking towards her, with paint on his face and clothes.

"Oh my god." she gasped, "I'm so sorry! Am I distracting you from your painting?"

"I'll return to it later." Damian replied.

"No! I can come back tomorrow!" Marinette declared, grabbing her things, "I know I get lost when I design. I barely come out of my room. People have to remind me to eat and sleep."

Damian chuckled in response. Bruce thought Damian hadn't cared about his appearance because he was going to refuse them, but that didin't seem to be the case here. Bruce was shocked by the moment; He had never seen Damian act this way. Damian actually seemed to have a familiar sense with this girl and she didn't seem to mind his attitude.

"You....Your words inspired me, last time." the Wayne heir admitted.

"Oh?" Mari spoke.

"I was painting my mother." he stated.

'Talia?'

"Then, that is definetly more important than a class assignment that isn't due for two more weeks." Marinette declared.

"No." Damian replied, "This may help with the memories. As you stated, I must spend time away to refocus. We'll go to my room."

"I'm sure you don't want me to see it. I know I like my stuff private until I decide to share." Mari responded.

Damian smirked, "It's in different room."

Marinette smiled, "If we ever go to my place, we're staying in the living room. We might sit on a pin or needle in mine. I keep losing my pins and end up finding them later."

As they walked away, Bruce turned to Alfred.

"The boys can never meet her, unless he proposes." Bruce declared.

Alfred just smiled. It seemed the young Wayne was finally growing up.

A couple months later was Valentine's Day. Everyone in Gotham Academy was excited. Many of them had chocolates and cards to give to their friends or loved ones. For some of them, it was 'Confession Day'. Many students were shocked to see Damian Wayne hand Marinette Dupain-Cheng a box.

"Why is he giving her chocolate?"

"How long have they been dating?"

"They're dating?"

"Are you sure?"

"Some girls were crying last year about him making out in the library."

"Did they see Marinette?"

"I don't know?"

"I thought she was single!"

"Yeah, I asked her about her plans for today. She said she had none."

"Is Damian Wayne confessing to her?"

Marinette smiled as she took the box.

"May I open it?" she asked.

Damian nodded. Once she had gotten the wrapping off, she laughed and hugged him.

"These are so cute!" Mari chimed, "I've never seen these before."

"I made them." Damian admitted.

"He made her chocolate?"

"I thought he couldn't cook."

Marinette pulled out what looked like a giant round ball.

"That's not chocolate."

"What is that?"

"It looks like a hacky sack."

"Maybe he really can't cook."

"You made these pin cushions for me?" she questioned, looking at the hand made assortment of macarons, chocolates, and a giant loaf of bread.

"It seemed fitting." he answered, "You informed me you grew up in a bakery and that you kept losing your pins and sewing needles."

"I love them. This is better than any chocolate or card I could have gotten." Mari smiled, before kissing his cheek, "I-I do have some macarons for you."

Marinette pulled a small box out of her bag.

"You told me that you weren't fond of sweets so these are tea flavored. I have chai, matcha, salted caramel, and earl grey." she stated.

"I will try them at lunch today." Damian spoke, "Perhaps, with you?"

"I'd love to." Marinette smiled.

Word quickly spread throughout the school that the Ice Prince was after the Fashion Princess.