2022: 27-Dress

Damian looked down at the paper in his hands and back up at the sign. This was BridalBug, exactly where Kori had sent him. Damian opened the door but he found no one was at the counter.

'Are the helping other customers?'

He looked around the shop and saw a girl with black-blue hair in a white dress. She wore a smile and twirling, as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Angel." Damian spoke.

The girl halted and turned to look at him, startled.

"My apologies." he quickly stated, "I didn't intend to speak that way about another person's fiancé."

She giggled at his response.

"Um, no." she blushed, "Sorry, um, I-I'm not getting married. My friend is. She's running a bit late so she asked me to try some on for her. We're roughly the same size."

"Don't women usually have different tastes?" Damian asked.

"Yes, that is why I showed her some dresses and had her pick some. This was suppose to be her potentially choosing her dress and a fitting" she answered.

"Why would she ask you?" he questioned.

Marinette smiled, "This is my store; I'm the owner and designer behind BridalBug. I designed them all. I studied fashion design and somewhere in the middle of it all, I tuned to wedding dresses and tuxedos. I even do custom work. Oh, sorry. I'm rambling. Did you need help with something?"

"Yes." Damian replied, "I'm here to pick up a wedding dress for my sister-in-law."

"Oh! Um." Mari replied, looking down and then back up, "Let me change and I'll be right there!" rushing back to the changing room.

Damian Wayne picked up one of the catalogs on the counter with the store's name on it and thumbed through it. The dresses looked beautiful. She made the smart decision of charging extra for adding color or altering the design. If these were anything to go by, he'd bet that Grayson would faint at the alter at the sight of Kori. The suit didn't look boring either. There were even a couple that he would prefer to see in his wardrobe.

"Sorry for the wait!" she cried out, "Um, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Name?"

'How is she just as radiant out of the dress?'

"Kori Anders." Damian answered.

"Oh!" she smiled, "I love her dress! I won't say anything. I don't want to spoil the surprise."

Marinette handed over the dress bag, "My card is also in the bag. Have her try it on again, just to make sure everything fits. If she needs me there, that day to help her with it, she is welcome to call me."

"I don't know about her, but I know I will be back for a suit, Angel." Damian replied.

Marinette blushed as the gentleman walked out. Mari covered her face and looked down in embarrassment. She took notice of a card on her counter. It read: Damian Wayne with a set of number. It was also signed, 'Call Me Soon.'

'How did I get that guy to give me his number?'

The door slammed open, startling Marinette. She almost dropped the card.

"I was able to get free from practice!" Kagami shouted, "Let's try on the dresses, Hime-Sama!"

"Co-Coming, Kagami!" Marinette shouted back.

"What is with the red face?" she teased, "Daydreaming?"

"No-well, maybe before." Mari answered, biting her lip.

Kagami smirked, "What happened?"

"A new customer." the designer replied.

"Oh. Was he hot?" the fencer questioned.

Marinette nodded, earning a smile from her best friend.

"I was so embarrassing, though." Marinette whined, "I was wearing one of the dresses."

"He saw you in a wedding dress and asked you out?" Kagami frowned.

Marinette waved her hands in front of her rapidly, "I said it was for you."

"So, he found out you were single and then asked you out?" the bride-to-be questioned.

Marinette nodded, "He also called me Angel."

"Date him!" Kagami exclaimed, "If you don't, I'm cancelling the wedding to set you up on a date."

"No!" Marinette shrieked, "You can't do that to Adrien!"

"I'll call him right now." the fencer threaten, "He'd laugh and help me plan."

Marinette crossed her arms and pouted as Kagami analyzed one of her dresses in the mirror.

'Damn. Adrien would help her.'

"So?" Kagami prodded.

"I'll call him when we're done picking your dress." Mari answered, "Besides, he said he might be back."

Kagami smiled, "A man who doesn't hesitate. A worthy choice."

Marinette giggled as Kagami smiled in the mirror.

'Maybe.'