Deviant

'Deviant'

A designation given to the rogue Alpha who deviated from direct orders of the Machine Network. The Deviant was sealed in a heavily fortified chamber underground, allowing no means of escape and its connection having been severed from the Network. Ten Elite Androids guarded its chamber from the outside and twenty Android soldiers were on the surface directly above the chamber.

In an event the Deviant would try to escape, the Androids were ordered to destroy it. Although the Deviant hasn't shown any acts of desertion against the Machine Network ever since it came back on its own to the base, Artemis wasn't taking any unnecessary risks.

Artemis and the supercomputers back at Earth concluded that the simple AI controlling every Android and drones in the network was too simple to act against orders, let alone feel emotion. The Deviant proved them wrong.

"Vengeance?" Artemis thought, he was walking back and forth in his room thinking throughout the night of what could've caused such a glitch or unforeseen change within the Android's simple AI. Why would the Android want vengeance? As far as the Machine Network's supercomputers know, only Artemis possessed the slightest bits of emotion and whatever what's left of humanity in him to feel such an emotion but for some reason, this simple AI defied all of that.

He was lost in thought for three hours, contemplating a reason for such discrepancy. Maybe it was his fault? What if whatever was left of his humanity was leaking to the network and affecting his machines? If that was the case, how far would it go? Will his machines stay under his definite command? Or will they deviate even further and go against him?

The revelation of the Deviant quickly took a toll on Artemis' mental health. It was an unexpected error in a magnitude he could not handle. He had to investigate further to understand what was causing it, or is it just a simple glitch?

From his room, Artemis directly connected with the Deviant with a Super AI acting as a firewall to ensure the Deviant doesn't take over Artemis' neural link. Artemis sighed and closed his eyes for a bit before connecting himself to the Deviant via the psychic neural link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's this?" Artemis opened his eyes in a void, emptiness surrounded him. He was suspended in the air, there was no solid ground beneath him nor was there anything at all. He assessed his situation and reassured himself he was inside the Deviant's AI.

But, instead of seeing the psychic structure of the AI, he saw nothing. If there wasn't anything here, how could it possibly deviate?

Artemis then spent his time experimenting his body within the void which was just a psychic projection of his body, he 'swam' in the void similar to when astronauts would swim in space to propel themselves to their desired location there of.

"Interesting" Artemis was basically playing inside the Deviant's 'mind' but he looked at his actions as nothing more than little experiments.

Suddenly, a bright flash of light illuminated the void. The flash of light seemingly came from all directions before converging on a specific spot in the void. Artemis witnessed what was comparable to the birth of a star. The light gathered itself towards one spot of the void and formed an orb. The orb was white in color and so was the light it was producing.

Artemie swam towards the light to investigate, as he got closer and closer. He felt something abnormal.

"W-why do I feel… so… so sad?" Artemis said as he floated towards the orb. The orb became bigger and bigger as Artemis finally reached it. It was a large orb of pure white light and as Artemis touched it, a surge of emotions he had never felt since he awoke came inside him.