Upcoming Showdown

Caitlyn walked through the dim-lit corridor, accompanied by her own two Elite Androids. Her body was supposed to decompose due to her lack of any circulatory system besides the endoskeleton she possessed, but surprisingly, the research AIs have found a way to use M1(Magic) as a way to prevent decomposition by injecting the liquid form directly into the flesh.

With further help from Caitlyn with her prewar knowledge, it has been rediscovered that Magic was indeed the energy of the fantasy world in which they were in, similar to the Earth's passive Gaia. Though for now, they could only use this M1 as a way to maintain the wormhole which serves as the bridge between Earth and this planet, dubbed Fordalt. And using it as a form of preserver for bodies which lacked essential functions such as a circulatory system.

But, it's only a matter of time before the Machine Empire finds a way to weaponize the M1 against its world.

Caitlyn has been no short of a mystery for Artemis. Her sudden appearance and her mysterious nature of being sadistic yet sympathetic to those around excluding the machines was enough to maintain Artemie' suspicion of her.

Nevertheless, she has contributed so much for the past month since her integration as Artemis' second in command. The Machine Empire has begun to reverse-engineer lost prewar technology in the hopes of finding a way to improve themselves further and undertake research on how to transfer M1 to Earth via the wormhole, most importantly, how to extract M1 from the continent at an industrial scale.

So far, little progress has been made for the latter while significant improvement has been made for the latter. The newly improved Hovercrafts were now indeed prewar hovercrafts unlike their previous versions of just being upgraded ospreys. The hovercrafts still followed closely to the design of the osprey but possessed much more powerful engines and a more flexible aerodynamics system which allowed them to perform flexible maneuvering mid-air.

They could now reach speeds of up to Mach 7 if allowed to do so; their engines have been redesigned to be as silent as possible when the situation for such action arose.

The Androids themselves have seen their fair share of improvements. Through the use of reverse-engineered prewar tech, they are now deadlier than ever before. 10x as efficient as a regular human soldier, the Androids now had the power to punch through a few inches of metal and obliterate said metal in a fraction of second.

To avoid implications such as temperature problems, several modifications were made to the Androids to adapt to temperatures ranging from 80 degrees Celcius and 90 degrees Celcius. This was a response to the death of R-342 during her encounter with Valentine with her frost magic.

Speaking of Valentine, Caitlyn took a liking to the girl. Her traumatic past, as presented by her harmless memory extraction by Caitlyn, gave her the idea she'd switch sides if promised for a place in the Utopia for humans, which was to come.

Utopia.

A Utopia is an idea of a near-perfect society. An ideal community in terms of law, government, and social conditions. A plave where every human shall experience a paradise which has never been done before, even in prewar Earth.

But Caitlyn took note of Artemis' preposition and found out that he just wanted humanity to live on, regardless of whether or not it was the same humans from Earth. Caitlyn knew Artemis was the only original human from Earth left, all the others? are dead.