Explaining

Kein lead Artemis and Alice inside the city. There he arranged for a meeting with the two, his motivations were already clear to Artemis who was already scheming on how he could manipulate Kein and the events that would soon transpire to his favor. The meeting was held inside the Lord's house which was a grand castle located at top of a huge cliff above Bulhin itself.

All of which represented the wealth that the city accumulated and the apparent rich to poor ratio that was very divisive. When Artemis and Alice were walking through the streets, since they refused to get in the carriage that Kein offered, Artemis noticed the drastic difference between the outer districts and the inner district.

Bulhin was a wealthy city but almost all that wealth was owned by the Lord, nobility and the merchants while the rest in the outer district was impoverished. The two were subject to a wide audience when they were walking through the city. The Queen's Guard was ordered to escort them as they walked past and were the main reason for the crowds that formed wherever they went.

Artemis then concluded that the Queen's Guard was highly respected in the city, or maybe in the entire kingdom and he should find a way on how to deal with them if the need ever came for it.

The meeting was about to begin. Artemis and Alice were escorted and directed to the dining room of the Lord's House. The dining room was luxurious in its appearance and design, purple and violet linen strewed about over the ceiling, golden stuff placed around and about. Even the chandelier was made of gold that glittered along with the rest of the room.

"A complete and utter waste of money," Artemis told Alice who had so far been dazzled by the sparkles.

"Mister, why is this a waste of money?" Alice asked.

Oh, that's right. Judging by Alice's lack of any meaningful education and her peasant status, she does not know the importance of allocating money towards the benefit of the people rather than self-indulgence, Artemis thought. Seeing that the two were actually alone in the dining room, Artemis decided to explain his views.

"You see, Alice, I am neither a monarch nor a warlord. But, I am a leader of my own. You may not understand, but although this wealth in and on itself is outstanding, in the long-term it fails to bear any fruit," Artemis said.

"How is that, mister?" Alice asked.

"To begin with, you need to know of investment," Artemis said.

"Investment?" The curious Alice's eyes glowed and widened.

"Investing is to commit money to a certain project or any endeavor to generate wealth in the future, and it is darn more profitable than what these people are doing," Artemis went on.

Artemis was basing his knowledge with what Caitlyn thought him. The art of investing for a long-term benefit that was sure to bear more fruit lit up his mind. It was pure genius in his sense. He applied the teachings to his criticism of Bulhin.

"But, mister, how would that help? Isn't it just throwing away money?" Alice asked.

"Hm, well in a sense, it is like throwing away your money since investing can also be compared to gambling. You are, in a nutshell, gambling that your investment would eventually pay off in the future but most of the time, there is no guarantee until you see that the endeavor you invested in is showing much promise,"