The Great Deities

"You failed!" An ethereal voice echoed through the clouds causing the pillars of gold to shake and the mosaic floor to crumble. The other deities bowed their heads as a way of appeasing his wrath, he was not pleased, not with what has transpired over the past year. He was fuming in anger, he stood up and pointed his staff towards the accused who stood at the middle of the floor separated from the clouds and the audience.

"You promised us that you will eliminate him from our world! What did you do? What happened? You failed!" His voice was ethereal and full of anger, the accused was on her knees and her eyes were becoming teary. She carefully grasped her shoulders as the man in front of her continued his rant.

"Failure,"

"Why did we even trust the new girl to handle this task?"

"It was a simple task! they could've beaten those weak mortals with little effort,"

The gossips and the backlash all entered her ears and she began to weep. She shed tears of pity for herself and disappointment to herself, she was proven unfit to be one of the council.

The Council as they were known, was a gathering of ten great deities, five great gods and five great goddesses who stood above the rest. They would be tasked to manage the world and other lesser deities, she was supposed to replace the fourth deity who was killed by its own creation that it suppose to kill the unknown demons 1000 years ago. For centuries, the 4th seat wasn't been replaced because the Council doesn't find the chosen deities to be seated, they are not worthy enough to become the 4th seat of the council that the God in there died since the Second Great War. They gave her a so-called 'simple' task so she might be worthy but she failed to accomplish her first task.

"This debacle was caused by a rogue sect of the Fax Relion, the religion that up to this day believes and worships you! It was a simple task!"

(If it was any other deities or one of the Councils on that task, the result is still the same)

The accused suddenly stood up, tears still dripping from her eyes.

"Please! please o Godfather, give me another chance!" She pleaded.

"We gave you too many chances already!" The Godfather responded with absolute disdain.

He frowned at the accused as she continued to plead and plead. He was almost absolute with his decision and wanted to end this entire ordeal with one might snap of his fingers. But he was a merciful and humble deity, even if the accused who was pleading before him, had failed the Council more than five times, he still had hope.

He had hope for everyone.

He sat down on his golden chair and closed his eyes to think. The accused, seeing the Godfather sit down and close his eyes immediately bowed. The others saw this and continued their act of appeasement. The other council members stood up in anticipation of the Godfather's final decision.

After a few minutes of deafening silence, the Godfather finally spoke.

"One... last... chance," His voice was broken for he still had anger rushing through his chest. He glowed a red hue and stood from his chair and summoned forth two fiery angels. These two fiery angels were of his creation and only he could summon them, they were humanoids with wings protruding from their spines and were literally made of fire.