The Metal Dragon

It was two days before the group's departure to the east. The two ladies had a cart ready with their supplies camouflaged as merchants, the adventurers were eager, but also wary. Rudolf chose to not tell his friends about the potential danger they were in, fearing the sudden loss of morale among them, which would further jeopardize them and the mission.

The group was waiting at the Inn, eating and drinking before the day of reckoning was upon them. Shialynn planned on sleeping with a few men later that day, and Rudolf was seen bringing a group of women to a brothel.

The only ordinary people in the group which were Liz and Grey just sat there and waited, Grey fell asleep at the table while Liz was cleaning her bow, she always swept her bow to distract herself.

"Sigh..."

Liz would often be attacked, not by her enemies but by her memories. Although she rebelled against her family under her own will, she still loved them as any daughter would. The memory of that fateful day, when everything changed forever continued to haunt her in her sleep, her nightmares, the disappointment in their eyes, and the horror in their expressions as she rebelled.

But she continued to assure herself; she did what she thought was right. She had her own life now, unbound by the shackles of nobility and forced marriages, responsibilities were of no concern to her for she had her friends with her always, and that was her only duty.

All she had to do now was wait. Two more days before their departure, two more days before they leave and finally reach the peak of their careers.

30,000 Aureus... I'll show you...

Her thoughts were the same, the denars and the foreseeable rich future she and her friends would attain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Queen Evelyn was humbly sitting on her throne, wearing her royal gown. The Great Warrior of Atira was standing right beside her as the maids served her some tea. Ten guards were standing in line, 1 meter between each other on both sides of the throne room. All the drapes were lifted, allowing the shining yellow light of the sun to penetrate the windows and shine its ethereal light inside the throne room.

They have only just finished handling the requests, problems and overall complaints of various merchant leaders, landlords and other appointed members of the council tasked on rebuilding the country.

The nobles were busy with their fiefs, claiming that they were rebuilding the kingdom's domains to help recover from the devastating famine and financial ruin that the country was facing. Though, Queen Evelyn heard otherwise.

The Grandmage Hazelborn was working closely with the clergy with their investigation of the strange enemy which occupies the Eastern Fortress City. So far, they haven't come into any conclusive answer.

It was part of the reason why Izrael requested the adventurers to act as covert agents; they needed information obtained from the heart of the enemy territory. They needed to know their magic, power, numbers, and overall strength before they could launch a siege to retake the city using a combination of the army and mage groups.

But the work was almost done, the Queen was only awaiting the arrival of Theodore, bringing them updates regarding the adventurers.