The Monster Within

As the sun rises from the horizon, shining the land as it reveals thousands of bodies stacking in a large mountain, on top of the hill of corpses was Artemis.

As the sun's ray hit him, the light of the sun reflected by the crimson eyes of the half machine.

Artemis turned his head and used his enhanced eyesight, seeing more than 10 kilometres from his position, he saw a massive Airship size as a football stadium was about to leave.

But Artemis won't let them get away with Pandora and whatever creature was inside of her.

He activated his thrusters and blasted off, while the imperial bodies were close to him, their bodies were burned from the take off and he destroyed the upper part of the mountain of bodies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the massive Airship, Lord Rism was looking at the ritual going on in a massive space somewhere inside the airship.

Ten mages were standing in a circle formation while casting their magic, in front of them was a big magic circle and in that center was none other than Pandora, who is still unconscious.

His plan was actually simple.

When they break the magic sealed in her by using an artifact that could sucked the magic from the body of the living being, second, they will also wake the creature inside her from its slumber, and when it is finished, they will immediately use a World Item on the creature.

[Downfall of Castle and Country]

This powerful magic artifact is a mind-controlling World Item.

In the form of a dress, this World item allows the user to subjugate the mind of any creature, even those that possess racial immunity to mind-control. For instance, it can effectively bypass the resistance without problem.

Although it is considered to be an impressive artifact, the Higher-ups of the Church acknowledge the fact that this item does have its own limits. In this case, the item is only capable of charming one target at a time. Another example is that when the target is under mind-control, they can be left in an immobile state even if the user is no longer conscious or around to command them. For that reason, the power it has over the target will continue to remain in effect.

Still, the target under that item's effect will attack whoever approaches it by close proximity. In order to break free from this item's control, the brainwashed target must be killed and later resurrected. 

Another interesting information was that according to the ancient text the Church discovered, the item doesn't seem to work on SSS-rank Demigods, according to them, they theorized that SSS-rank Demigods are world-level beings, meaning they have the power that could rival World-Items, so any World Items used on them will be useless.

"The plan was going as planned, my lord" One of the servants of Lord Rism said.

Lord Rism nodded.