150 Years Ago

150 Years Ago, a group of knights led by a veteran captain crossed the border and trespassed into the Theocracy. 150 years ago these men would be the last to venture through and the last of the Dioz Kingdom's efforts in saving as many demihumans as they could.

During this time, the entire situation both politically and on the ground were heating up to the breaking point. The Dioz Kingdom's pro demihuman policies and sentiments went against the Theocracy's cleansing mission. With tensions nearing their highest and war looming in the horizon, both states have amassed their forces.

Their forces were gathered near their borders with one another. The Dioz Kingdom mobilized five armies. The first army was the main army lead by the great general Norman, Lord of Pewdifax and great grandfather of Felix. The army consisted of roughly 40,000 men. The second to fourth armies were all composed of 20,000 men each totalling 120,000 in the side of Dioz. Most of their soldiers were knights, cavalrymen, archers, and supported by small contingents of mages.

The Theocracy at their side of the border sported three armies, each with 60,000 men and some women totalling 180,000 strong. They were a force of knights and archers while they had little cavalry. Their lack of cavalry was overshadowed by their mages which numbered 30,000 strong, already a quarter of their forces.

These two opposing sides were about to meet in a few days once the declaration of war from both sides had been signed and announced. And as they waited, they prepared themselves and set up camp.

In the camp of the Dioz First Army, Norman was sat inside his tent. He was alone and in front of him was a table. Over the table was a map of the surrounding lands where they shall fight. The land was mostly plains, the southern meadows as they referred to it.

Norman was brilliant strategist when it came to open army combat but he was anxious of the Theocracy's magical might. He only had 5000 mages compared to the Theocracy's estimated 10,000 to 35,000. Giving credit to his past experiences with battling against well-trained mages, he knew that such a frightening force would easily stomp them if he were not to be careful.

The younger officers did not bat an eye. They viewed mages as weak and only relied on their magic to do any good. They also believed that such a number of spell casters would drain each other's magic and result in them collapsing. The young officers under Norman's command looked down on their enemies while their superior did not.

"We need to secure victory by means of strategy" he told himself as he surveyed the map.

The plains were mostly flat with some Woodlands here and there. There were also some hills that could be used as grounds for them to retreat if all else failed or they were forced to make a tactical retreat.

He then turned his attention to the enemy side of the map. The terrain was almost exactly the same as theirs minus a few unclear definitions with the map. There was a road that lead through a few villages and then north to the nearest city.

Norman planned his favorite move, an encirclement. He had used this strategy of his to completely decimate his foes even if they were outnumbered five to one. He would always say "No matter how big the enemy is against us, just surround its leg, pull it down and it will fall"

It was true and his strategy earned him praise from military commanders from all around who have heard of his genius. Even the generals of his enemies would praise him.