Fight

She stayed for a while. She watched as her bodyguard crashed against the hard stone. Blood smeared against her face. The man placed his feet on the fallen mage's head before turning his attention towards Aurora

"Hm, you're that Demigod who summoned that anomaly," The man said. His voice gurgled slightly with a pinch of lowness.

They both stared at each other, not one of them was backing down. Aurora, with what was left of her strength, pushed herself up and she stood. She stood although her body shook, this was to show that even in such a weakened state, she was not going to back down just yet.

"Hm," The man then walked over the fallen mage and stood a few meters away against Aurora.

"You've been a torn in our side quite some time," The man pointed out. His face was devoid of expression or emotion. He gave off an aura of pure darkness, an aura which only Aurora could see at full-strength. His aura stretched towards the heavens above and to the sides on a mile, she doesn't how long it was exactly but that man was an immensely powerful being.

She needed to be careful, and so she decided to talk first.

"Who are you?" She asked as she dusted off her robe. Artemis was not listening, rather, he was actually watching the dust get yeeted off her robe.

"Hm, strange," Artemis uttered.

Aurora looked at him in the eye.

"What is strange?"

Artemis stared back, his eyes gleamed with ferocity. But Aurora was not backing down.

"You did not answer my question, who are you?" Aurora repeated her question from a while ago.

"Like you, I have power, Like you, I am a leader, but unlike you, I don't have magic," Artemis said.

"Well, that is easy to see," Aurora finished dusting her robe.

"Wait, let me rephrase that, I DON'T need magic, unlike you who completely rely on such a technique,"

Aurora was insulted. She frowned at the man who was called Artemis and magical energy manifested around her, calling upon a gust of wind.

"You have the ability to manipulate the wind and summon a wind monster, I thought I'd have trouble with you but seeing as you are now, your body is about to collapse, isn't it?"

Aurora looked at her body and felt weakness. The man in front of her was right, after seeing his aura, she came to the realization that she was no match against him.

But, she was resolute.

"You, what's your name?" Aurora asked again.

"I am Artemis,"

She stepped forward with assistance from her wind. The landscape was dark, death and destruction surrounded them. It was the idle fighting ground for both. As they stared at one another, the armies of the Machine Empire advance further into the theocracy with nothing in their way. The city had been completely occupied with the rest of the surviving population having been evacuated through the use of teleportation magic.

Fery was the only mage left when the last batches were teleported out. The teleportations, however, were severely hampered due to the missile strikes and the subsequent continuation of the Machine Empire's offensive. The garrison was completely overwhelmed the moment the Androids breached each wall. A short skirmish followed with the Androids emerging victorious and the entirety of the garrisons massacred.