Royal Assassination

Queen Evelyn of Atira was sitting on her couch in her chamber, sipping on tea as she watched the soldiers train through her window. It was noon, the sun has begun to set and storm clouds brewed and rumbled in the distance. She was awaiting the arrival of Izrael whom she sent to retrieve the fangs of a vampire which were necessary for a spell that was in the making by the clergy for use in war by the Atiran Mages.

She wore her silky white garments which stretched from her head to her toes. She had a translucent cloth made of silk which covered her body and silk slippers which she used whenever she was inside her chamber.

The death of her father came too early, with the death of almost everyone in the dynasty except her. The enemies who wanted to seize the throne have been moving in the shadows and awaiting the perfect opportunity to strike. She knew this so well but she was ill-equipped to counter them. She had very little education about being able to rule a kingdom since the heir which was her eldest brother was given most of the education.

She was caught in such a tight spot that even the most influential allies she had within the nobility and the clergy were surprised that she was still in power. In order to combat such growing threat of expulsion and destruction of her own dynasty by her own people, she reluctantly went to the clergy for help.

This obviously granted her many favors and allies amongst the holy church and her position was somewhat secured for she was displayed as a saint and the beloved monarch of the gods and goddesses thanks to the massive influence of the clergy to the people.

But, she was still not entirely safe and she obtained more enemies by siding with the clergy, particularly within the ranks of the military and that's where Izrael is brought in. Izrael is supposed to assume direct control of the entire military of Atira, a purging of high-ranking military officials has already been planned and was awaiting execution.

Izrael knocked on the door five times in specific intervals, this was his way of ensuring the Queen he was not an unwelcomed guest. The Queen stopped sipping her tea and placed the cup on the table to her left.

"Come in." She said speaking in a quiet tone. Izrael, who by now is being spied on by agents from various powerful families of nobles, was carrying the two scissors which had the fangs of the vampire. The door swung open and Izrael walked in, his armor resounding with each step he took and a small smile was carved into his face.

The Queen then sat upright on her couch and looked at Izrael directly in the eye. Izrael proceeded to stand a few feet from his Queen and presented the fruit of his mission.

Kneeling down, he removed the leather which covered the scissors and the fangs. As he removed the leather, the faint smell of rotting blood began to become more apparent and the queen was faintly enjoying the smell.

"I hereby, present to you the fangs of the vampire, my Queen," Izrael presented the two fangs still stuck between the blades of each scissor in a deep, sultry voice. Evelyn inspected the fangs by moving her head dangerously close.

"My Queen, may I suggest you maintain a safe distance? You may tou-"

Before Izrael could finish what he was saying, the great warrior was abruptly interrupted by an abrupt opening of the door of her majesty's chamber. The Queen leaped to the backside of the couch as the unknown assailants made their way through the room.

Izrael immediately dropped the two scissors and the fangs fell onto the leather which he placed on the ground. He unsheathed his long sword and confronted the two assassins. The assassins were wearing scribbled masks with the markings of a notorious organization, the great warrior felt confident that these rats were merely low D-rank assassins.