Pandora

The elf was unknown to Artemis. He was thus far only been exposed to humans and no more. He was also yet to meet any beastmen which hampered his knowledge on both races.

What he learns about the elves according to the MTF that infiltrated the Theocracy has the most life-span than all of the races. They also extremely rare species in Fordalt, located in a hidden forest north of the Senadate Theocracy, nobody found the elf's village because of either blocking by the treelines, predators and monsters in the forest, or their magic could hid their own village. The elves, they are also endanger species because many have perish since the second great war. Unlike humans that has to learn magic, all Elves already born with magic and went to peak of B-grade immediately without proper training. Like any fantasy stories he heard, elves has spiritual arts, or spiritual magic, magic that could manipulate the elements in their environment like fire, water, earth, and wind, etc. Unlike the humans who needs much training, they can do it against their will and easily cast it without casting which makes them very powerful.

There is also another type of spiritual magic that could summon a spirit with dozens of different elements. Which is kinda rare but humans could also do spiritual magic if they can learn it by an elf, which is extremely rare in Fordalt.

Unfortunately, that type of spiritual magic was one of the forgotten arts after the second great war, scholars knew that spiritual magic existed but they forgotten how to start to learn it and how to begin with.

Artemis stood guard throughout the rest of the night. There were bound to be other parties that would be dispatched in search of the party of knights that had failed to return.

Wart himself was exhausted. Despite this, however, he would regularly check on the elf's vitals and apply further healing magic for maximum effect.

"You can heal people with your magic?" Artemis asked.

"Yes, my boy. You see, my magic is special. Dwarves don't have any magic, that's why they develope their technology very quick, unlike my other kin, I was the only dwarf who was born with magic, its not either an attack nor an defense but healing magic actually. And I have been using it for many years to heal the sick, it's a wondrous gift," Wart said.

"But a wondrous gift will always attract envious eyes," Artemis said.

Wart faced the ceiling upon hearing Artemis' words and sighed.

"Indeed, you speak the truth. You may be wondering, why I'm all alone in the uncharted forest that I claim to own," Wart asked.

"At first, I did. But now, I have an idea," Artemis said.

"Which is?" Wart asked.

"You've been exiled. As simple as that," Artemis answered.

"Hm, you're a smart boy. Indeed, I have been exiled by the very own emperor I had sworn allegiance to. Just because I refused to heal his son," Wart said.

Artemis was surprised by his answer.

"Why did you refuse to heal the emperor's son?" Artemis asked.

"Simple, he only has a simple cold that could be healed easily, but that arrogant prince just accused me of treason. Then he killed my daughter as punishment," Wart said.

Wart was level-headed even after telling his newfound vassal the death of his daughter. Artemis knew he had stepped into murky waters but there was no turning back, he needed as much information as he could get from Wart.