The End of a Chapter

John was so caught off guard, by Dutch, that it was easy for Micah to headbutt him. The other man yelled out as Micah wrestled his revolver away from him. All (F/N) could do was watch. Dutch kept his guns aimed right at him, a dead serious look in his eyes, "If you so much as twitch, I'll shoot."

(F/N) knew he was screwed, he stood their with his pistol pointed at Micah, he knew he would have a bullet in him the second he turned at Dutch. The burn on his hand was only getting worse. He felt like crying when Micah stood up with John's revolver pointed at his  friends head. John gave (F/N) a look of desperation, as Micah laughed, "Now, son...now...what were you saying?"

John mouthed the words, "Shoot through me."

(F/N) shook his head as he turned his attention to his old mentor, John had to make it through this, "What're you doing here, Dutch?"

"Same as you, I suppose."

Micah smirked, "Dutch and I are teaming up once more...we got money...we got dreams. Join us, (F/N), join us. We can be a family again."

(F/N) glared him down, his finger itched on the trigger of his pistol, "Family didn't mean so much when you tried stabbing me in the back."

Micah laughed, "That's what my father tried doing to me so many times. You're just like me boy, just like me."

(F/N) shook his head as he looked at Dutch, "It hurt even more when you stabbed me in the back." Dutch didn't respond, so (F/N) turned to Micah. If Micah killed John, there was nothing stopping (F/N) from killing him. If Dutch shot (F/N), there was nothing stopping him from killing Micah.

They were at a stalemate. The cold air was putting everyone on edge. (F/N) swallowed, and grinded his teeth together as he tried to think of a way out of this situation. As he stood there he slowly realized that everyone wouldn't just walk away from this. "Let him go, Micah. Take me instead."

"You know I can't do that, Boy."

(F/N) knew he wasn't going to convince Micah to do anything but shoot John. So he turned back to Dutch, "Dutch please. Please! I'm begging you. He doesn't deserve this."

Dutch's expression soured, "You turned your back on me, son."

"You turned your back on me. You left me to die," (F/N) shot back, "I trusted you with my life, and that's how you treated me."

"I was trying to do my best...you...you left when things got too hard," Dutch's hand shook slightly.

"Is that what you tell yourself? No. No I didn't. I gave you all I had."

"Join us...join us, (F/N)," Micah interrupted.

(F/N) glared at Micah, he kept glancing at John, "Shut up! He's got nothing to do with this! Let him go! This is between the three of us. We're the bad guys here."

John tried to get (F/N) to just shoot Dutch and then get Micah. He didn't care about what happened to him. But (F/N) did, John was his brother. Micah shook his head, "I don't want to kill you, Boy."

(F/N) glowered at him, "That ain't true. You nearly got me last time. I helped both of you! I did things that'll haunt me for the rest of my life. Arthur tried to help me, and I chose you over him. There's no redemption for that!"

Micah sneered, but he chuckled slightly as he looked at (F/N) with his one good eye, "Arthur's been dead a long time...this is a new century."

(F/N) looked at Dutch, he tried to appeal to him, "Dutch...please...you said I was your son. I stuck by you. You know that. I was always on your side. It wasn't my fault, things turned out that way." He heard John grunt as Micah wrapped his arm around his neck. (F/N) shook his head, "You don't want to shoot me, Dutch. I don't want to shoot you either."