Part. 8

(F/N) twirled his gun in his hand, then stopped and pointed it at the tree in front of him. he smirked, holstered his weapon and pulled it out making sure to twirl it with extra pizzazz. (F/N) bit his lip, he turned so his right side was to the tree. He took a deep breath, and gave his revolver a single turn, and quickly put it behind his back, making sure to aim at the tree. (F/N) exhaled and pulled the trigger, there was a loud bang, the gunslinger turned back to look at the tree. He had blown a small hole in it. (F/N) smiled to himself until he heard a voice behind him.

"Wow!"

(F/N) turned around, little Jack was sitting down watching him twirl his revolver. He smiled at the little boy, "Hey Jack."

John and Abigail's son, smiled, "Uncle (F/N), how'd you do that?"

(F/N) holstered his gun, "A little practice, a little luck, and a lot of experience."

Jack looked at (F/N) with wide eyes, "I wanna be a gunslinger like you when I grow up."

(F/N) laughed and kneeled so he was on Jack's level, he was just like the boy when he was younger, "Your momma would kill you if you even tried. And besides, being a gunslinger's pretty dangerous."

Jack did an overdramatic sigh, "But I would be careful. I'll get the bad guys when they're not looking."

(F/N) frowned and shook his head, there weren't many rules to gunslinging, but that was one of them, "You never shoot someone in the back...never."

Jack frowned, he obviously didn't know much about the profession, "What do you do?"

(F/N) stood up, he had asked a terrific question, "If you're hunting someone down, you get their attention first, maybe ask for their name to make sure you got the right guy."

Jack nodded, (F/N) continued, "Then you want to give them, your name and the reason your there to kill them. Uhh, let's say that person killed your father."

Jack tilted his head in confusion, (F/N) licked his lips, he could tell he had lost him, "So you would go, 'You so and so? I have a message for you, my name is Jack Marston, you knew my father. I've come for you,' does that make sense?"

Jack nodded he looked at (F/N) hanging on to every word, he smiled, "Then you duel, and the best man walks away. Anyone who does anything else is a coward."

Jack seemed to get excited, ignoring the implication that he could get shot, "That sounds fun!"

(F/N) laughed, and reached into his satchel, he shuffled around for a bit then pulled out a chocolate bar. He handed it to the boy, "Go find some mischief to get into."

Jack nodded happily grabbing the candy, "Thanks (F/N)!"

Jack ran back to camp, already unwrapping the chocolate. As (F/N) walked back into camp he saw Arthur talking to the O'Driscoll, Kieran. So he walked over, he heard Arthur talking, "You got some speaking to do of your own about that old gang of yours."

Kieran looked as if he might cry, "I said...I told you...I don't know nothing."

He walked up, and clapped Arthur on his shoulder his tan leather jacket was hot from the sun, "He still ain't talking?"

Arthur looked at (F/N), he seemed agitated, "No, I think it's time to bring in the big guns. What say you?"

(F/N) nodded, a smile slowly spread across his face, he shouted out, "Big Bill! We need your expertise!"

Dutch overheard (F/N) requesting Bill's services, "Whoa, hold your horses there...you ain't interrogating him without me."

As Bill walked over Dutch quickly followed, Bill got an angry look on his face as he confronted Kieran, "You ready to talk boy?"