Part. 83

Some years later.....

The pounding of hammers was prevalent in the shipyard, the workers had all gotten used to the sound of hammers banging nails into place as well as boards of wood into the right sockets. The work was hard as hell, especially with the hot sun beating down on them, and if you so much as complained the foreman would throw you out, but they all enjoyed the work, it was honest and it made you sweat. But the group of workers who were huddled into a group weren't doing much working. Instead they were talking among themselves, they were looking at posters, but not just any posters, wanted posters.

Stephen laughed as he looked at the poster in his hand, "This guy is worth ten thousand dollars alive? He look's like a kid."

Will chuckled as he looked at the name, "Javier Escuella, he's wanted in Mexico apparently." Stephen scoffed, "Apparently, they don't have many criminals down in Mexico if this pussy is who they want. Who else is in there?"

Alex shuffled through the posters and randomly picked another one, he read the name off the old paper, "John Marston, apparently he was a right hand man of Dutch Van der Linde." Stephen and Will looked at the faded picture, there eyes were instantly drawn to the scars, "He looks pretty tough. How do you think he got those scars?"

Will shrugged, "Probably was hiding out in the woods and fought off a pack of wolves or something, I think I could catch him if I wanted." Stephen scoffed, "You wish, you'd get your head blown off. Any other idiots in those posters? I need to make some money fast." Alex pulled out one randomly, "(F/N) (L/N)Bell. Apparently he's the son of that outlaw Micah Bell. They must want this one bad, there's a price of thirteen thousand on his head."

Stephen's eyes widened and he snatched the poster from him, "Thirteen thousand!" He looked at (F/N)'s picture, he was unimpressed, "This guy looks like a kid, I could probably catch him with just my hands." Alex scoffed, "Then you're an idiot, I still remember reading about the Blackwater Massacre, from what I read he sounded like a maniac, and if he's Micah Bell's son he's gonna be even more deranged."

Stephen shrugged and looked at the picture, he squinted a bit, "Hey you know something, he kind of looks like Jesse." Alex looked over his friends shoulder, his long graying greasy hair was made shinier from his sweat, "I think your right."

Will laughed at the two men, "You two are idiots, do you really think we'd have an outlaw worth thirteen thousand sitting under our noses who's been working here for three years?" The group of men turned and saw Jesse lifting a huge board of wood by himself. His arms were bulging from lifting the object, his skin was glistening from sweat, he was wearing just overalls, his mere presence commanded respect. Stephen and Alex both bit their lips, the more reckless of the two responded first, "I can't be sure."

Stephen was about to add on but then he noticed Butch walking by, he knew Butch very well. Butch Cassidy had been working here for five years, and since the five years he had known him, he had never stepped a tow out of line. Although he knew almost nothing about the man besides he was married and lived in a nicer part of the slums, his appearance proved he was uninteresting. His short hair was always neatly groomed, and his beard was always trimmed and kept at a reasonable length, he was a little muscular but definitely not on Jesse's level. Stephen reached out and grabbed Butch's arm, "Hey Cassidy, I need to ask you something."

Butch raised an eyebrow, and cleared his throat, "Sure fellas, but can you make it quick, my shift just ended, and I promised Leslie, I'd be home an hour ago." Stephen nodded and held up the poster for Butch to look at, "Will and I were looking to pick up some extra cash, and we'd thought we'd give bounty hunting a shot. We were thinking about going after some of them Van der Linde boys, ever since the Blackwater massacre the prices on their heads have only gone up. I think Jesse over there looks like the idiot on here, what do you think?"