Part. 77

These last weeks have been some of the worst of my life, Davey, Jenny, Mac, Sean, Kieran, Lenny, Hosea, Trelawny, Swanson, Karen, Pearson, Uncle, Charles, my darling Mary-Beth, and soon Arthur. No...I refuse to be upset over Arthur. All of them died or they left. It truly is tragic and sad, though in a way I am grateful, throughout this...hell of a journey things have become a lot more clear. I know who my real family is: Dutch, Micah, Bill, Javier, and Susan. Am I satisfied with this? Hell no. In less than a year my family went from 21 to 5, but they're my real family, they stuck by me, they knew exactly what I was and they accepted me. Micah surprisingly turned out to be a better father than Arthur, in these times...who knew? He actually gives a damn about the gang and it's members...not Arthur. But the most important thing I learned from all this chaos, I'm Dutch's gun, Micah's son, nothing more. That's all I'll ever be...that's all I need to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) put his journal in his satchel, he pushed off from the tree he was leaning on and walked over to Dutch's tent. Miss Grimshaw was yelling at Tilly and Abigail to start packing up, she was frantically trying to get the gang ready to move. Everyone else was by the campfire, waiting, Dutch had demanded they wait for Arthur, he didn't care about Charles.

(F/N) sighed as he walked up to Dutch, Charles had probably stayed at the reservation, Arthur...well he was either with Charles, or lying in a ditch somewhere. He didn't feel anything for either of the men at this point. Dutch smiled as (F/N) walked up, he had a paranoid look in his eyes, "Ah there you are, the most loyal of my sons. For a second I thought you had left."

(F/N) shook his head, he grumbled to himself, "I wouldn't do that..."

Dutch nodded, he suddenly got an odd look on his face, "Which is why I found it odd when Bill told me he saw you leave camp with Mary-Beth."

(F/N) sighed, he didn't need to be reminded she was gone, "Yeah, she wanted to go. So I took her to the train station."

Dutch's eyes widened, as if he had just been shot in the back, "So you just leave without telling me and go right through law infested territory?"

The young gun sighed, "She was gonna leave regardless of what I did, I preferred she didn't get caught by anyone."

Dutch shot (F/N) a look of paranoia, "We are on the verge of being truly free, and you betray me, just like that."

(F/N) felt his temper flare, and he raised his voice angrily, "Don't you dare! I have sacrificed so much for you and this gang. I have barely said a word of doubt, and I supported every decision you made. I sold my soul to you, Dutch...I gave you all I had and more. So don't even suggest, for a second I don't have the best interests of this gang at heart."

Dutch stared at (F/N) for a while, a slight smile spread across his face, "Alright...why don't you go wait by the campfire with the others. Then we'll go rob this train. Let's not risk everything we've worked so hard to achieve over something petty."

(F/N) nodded, and walked over to the campfire, he didn't know what to think of Dutch's behavior. He was planning on just sitting at the fire, and waiting, but before he could get there, he heard a loud cough, and someone yell out, "(F/N)."

The gunslinger turned around to see Arthur walking up, he looked even worse, his skin was snow white, his eyes were sunken from all the weight he had lost, there was dried blood on his lips from coughing so much. (F/N) turned around but didn't say anything, he couldn't stand to look at him. Arthur walked up to him, he sounded desperate, "I need to talk to you."

(F/N) sighed, he knew this might be one of the last times he spoke to him, he tried to keep an even tone, "What?"

Arthur coughed a few times, he looked him in the eyes, "John told me what happened with Mary-Beth...I'm sorry."