Part. 10

Hosea's a clever man, I love Dutch and I love Arthur, I wouldn't be who I am today without them. But I think I got my most important trait from Hosea, my quick wit. Don't get me wrong he's kind and fair, but boy does he give you a verbal lashing every once in a while. Sometimes he acts more like my father than Arthur.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) dragged the bloody tarp to Pearson's wagon, he was having trouble moving it, he had no idea how Bullseye hadn't collapsed through the trip, carrying all the bear meat.

The camp's cook was chopping some vegetable with a alightly irritated Miss Adler. (F/N) whistled a bit, "Mr. Pearson, I got some meat for the stew."

Pearson didn't turn to look at him, he waved his hand, "Put it on the table, I'll get to it later," (F/N) clicked his tongue, "I don't think that'll work." Sadie looked up, her mouth dropped when she saw the large amount of meat, "My God."

Pearson turned, his eyes landed on the large bloody tarp, (F/N) used to store the meat in, and then back at him who was covered in blood, "Where did you even find that much meat?"

(F/N) smiled, he had a crazed look on his face, "Hosea had a good tip, I'll bring you the skin next."

Pearson kept staring at the meat, (F/N) was practically covered in blood, it was safe to say after the excursion with Hosea, he was no longer squeamish about blood and gore, not after skinning that bear. (F/N) walked over to Hosea who was standing next to his horse peeling off his jacket, he didn't have as much blood on him as (F/N) did. He shook his head, "Never again," The old man chuckled, "Yeah, I guess hunting giant grizzlies is a young man's game, but I did have fun with you."

(F/N) nodded, as he remembered after he got the bear, "My favorite part was walking back the entire way because Bullseye was already carrying too much weight."

Hosea chuckled and stepped away from his horse, and walked over to his tent. (F/N) got the bearskin off of Hosea's horse. The skin itself was about the size of a small man and it weighed about the same as one. (F/N) threw it over his shoulder, and walked back to Pearson's wagon, he was getting looks from everyone. The camp cook was already trying to move the meat into a cutting position, (F/N) set the fur right next to him, "Make me something nice Pearson." The man shook his head, "After all the time I've known you, you still find ways to amaze me, Mr. (L/N)."

(F/N) smirked to himself an started walking back to his tarp, everyone in camp was in awe. (F/N) was planning on getting some well-earned rest, those hopes were quickly dashed when he heard the same shrill voice, "Mr. (L/N)!"

(F/N) sighed and put on a fake smile, and turned to the older woman, as she stormed up to him, "Miss Grimshaw!"

Susan Grimshaw, was the only person in the camp he was scared of, she had a no-nonsense attitude, she was tougher than nails, and when people didn't follow the rules or didn't mind their manners, she practically turned into a dragon. The older woman gave him one look and replied, "I must've told you a hundred times, you can't come to camp looking like that!"

(F/N) sighed and shook his head, his clothes were covered in dried blood, "I'm a fool, Miss," he tried to hug her but she pushed him slightly. (F/N) knew he had screwed up when he saw the look on her face, she looked like she might kill him, Grimshaw grabbed him by the ear and twisted it.

(F/N) bit his lip, as she practically dragged him back over to Pearson's wagon. Now everyone was staring at the older woman dragging the scary gunslinger by the ear. (F/N) groaned when the older woman finally let him go. She pointed to one of the water buckets, she wanted (F/N) clean, and she wanted him clean now.