Part. 68

(F/N) sighed as he tossed the deer he had killed onto Pearson's table, but the camp's cook didn't come up and gleefully thank the younger man. Instead, he was sitting on the ground, leaning against the wagon with a bottle in his hand. (F/N) frowned, and looked at him, "You okay?"

Pearson looked at him, his eyes were glassy and watery, he had been drinking quite a bit, "It's over, Mr. (L/N). It's all over."

(F/N) sighed, he tried to say some encouraging words, "No it's not. We're still alive. We still got moves to play."

Pearson sighed, and waved all around camp, "Look at the mess we've already made, and the mess we're still gonna make. This is a sad mess."

(F/N) shook his head, "We're gonna be fine. We always are."

Pearson shook his head and chuckled, he didn't believe him for a second. He tapped the bottle he had been drinking from, and looked at (F/N), "At least I got a friend, right here."

(F/N) didn't respond or even acknowledge what he had said, he was angry everyone was acting this way. After all the time they had spent together, they were ready to tear apart. He walked over to the campfire and sat down next to it. He actually felt the heat from it, the last traces of the flu had left him a couple of hours ago. But health wasn't all it was cracked up to be, he still felt depressed.

"Are you alright?"

(F/N) looked up, Reverend Swanson was standing over him, but this wasn't the Revered he had known, this one had a clear look in his eyes, he smelled clean, his clothes and hair were in order, he looked like a whole new man. (F/N) smiled, "Hey, have you seen my friend Reverend Swanson?"

Swanson smiled and sat next to him, his voice wasn't slurred either, "Very funny."

(F/N) nodded, he was happy for him, "It's good to see you're better. You finally kicked the morphine?"

Swanson nodded, as he recounted what had happened, "Yes, I met a catholic lady, a nun, we prayed together...and the curse was lifted. I'm cured. Now I'm just in shock, I wasted so many years with that nonsense."

(F/N) patted the older man on the back, he was glad to see somethings were gonna be fine, "Good for you."

Swanson nodded, he was proud of himself but he didn't think about that, "Thank you, but you didn't answer my question. You don't seem yourself recently."

(F/N)'s smile disappeared, he looked into the fire, he spoke quickly, "I don't want to talk about it."

Swanson looked at him, "I understand...but you shouldn't hold it in. That'll destroy you. It caused havoc within me. I don't want to see you make the same mistake."

(F/N) sighed, "Well..."

(F/N) was suddenly interrupted by Karen, "Look who it is...fast (F/N)...big tough (F/N)."

The younger man looked at Karen, she was having trouble standing up, her face was flushed, and she was clutching the bottle in her hand pretty hard, he immediately stood up, concern was written all over his face, "Jesus are you okay?"

Karen chuckled deeply, and rolled her eyes, "I'm fine. Listen I have something to say to you."

(F/N) moved Karen so she was sitting down, "What?"

The drunk woman paused for a moment, and laughed, "I don't know...I forgot...I had something to say...I did...but I forgot."

He angrily tore the bottle from her hand and threw it into the woods, "You are going to kill yourself, if you don't stop. What's wrong with you? Why are you doing this?"