Part. 32

---------------------------------A Few Weeks Later--------------------------
It's been a while since I've written, I just started getting feeling back in my arm. I feel better, a lot better. I'm slowly getting back out there. Everyone keeps bothering me, I can't stand Dutch and his constant apologies on his stupidity. Arthur keeps saying I need to take it slowly, but I fell like a caged animal. I need to do jobs. He got all worked up when I went robbing with Trelawny, and no one even saw us. I can't stand him right now. But he's nothing compared to Mary-Beth she treats me like a child. Reminding me to shave, bathe, change my bandages, she even brings me food, no joke. I swear the first week I was back, she tucked me into my sleeping bag. My brush with death raddled her. As for me...well it didn't scare me, instead, it made me think about my life. I realized I've been thinking about what's best for the gang...maybe I should think about what's best for me...maybe when this is all over I can start.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(F/N) slowly moved himself to the ground, he wanted to sit by the campfire, he gritted his teeth so he wouldn't throw out his shoulder. Kieran noticed him and stood up to help him. (F/N) looked right at him, a look of anger on his face, "If you try to help me, I'm gonna have Bill geld you."

Kieran immediately backed up, the image of those gelding tongs was still fresh in his mind. As (F/N) slowly got down, he sighed, Sean was also sitting at the fire, whittling. (F/N) looked at Kieran, a question suddenly bubbled in his head, "How could you have ever worked for Colm O'Driscoll?"

Sean stopped whittling, a look of fascination was on his face, "Yeah I was wondering that meself. What is he like?"

Kieran looked at the two, he seemed hesitant at first, "Honestly?"

(F/N) nodded, and Sean replied, they were on the edge of their seats, "Yeah, honestly."

Kieran cocked his head, and thought about it, "He's uh...uh...wh-when he talks to you...when he does it nicely...it's like the sun is shining."

Kieran's expression darkened, "And when he's mad at you, it's like the devil's gonna be upon you. That's how I'd put it. He changes, so do you. He's happy, you're happy. But when he's mad, so are you, and you don't know why."

(F/N) nodded, as he thought back to his last encounter with the devil, "Colm tried to saw my parts off with a file, but his men seemed to hate me for no other reason than he told them to."

Kieran nodded, "That's the other bit, he's unfair and unkind, he turns his men into monsters, but he has this way of making them love only him. Then suddenly you're able to overlook a whole lot, just as long as he's happy."

Sean laughed, at the comparison, "Well...he sounds like a right idiot. Colom don't scare me one bit."

(F/N) shook his head, "When I thought he might saw my parts off, I was plenty scared."

Sean scoffed and smirked slightly, he was about to respond but Bill suddenly walked up. "You ready for that thing Macguire."

Sean looked at Bill, he thought about it for a second, then said "that was today? I can probably do it."

(F/N) looked at both of them, he was suspicious, "What thing?"

Bill looked at (F/N) and laughed, "Nothing you need worry about, your majesty. Why don't you have your woman look after you."

(F/N) immediately got up from the ground, ignoring the pain in his shoulder, "I can do anything you can do, Marion. Even with a bad shoulder, I can run circles around you."

Bill laughed, not believing him for a second, "Alright, Sean, Arthur, Micah and I were gonna run security for the Grays. Arthur and your pa are already in Rhodes. If you want to come you can unless you're too weak."