Part. 85

Stephen looked around as they finished riding through the small town of Strawberry, it was small and the people seemed friendly enough. But he did notice that 'Butch' seemed to keep glancing at the Sheriff's office, as if he was thinking of something. Stephen looked at him, "What are you looking at? You wanted or something?"

(F/N) blinked a couple of times to refocus his attention, Alex was passed out in the bed of the wagon, he had been out since they went through Rhodes. The entire ride had been almost completely uneventful. They thought the Lemoyne Raiders might have given them trouble, but they didn't bump into any, which was fine by everyone. (F/N) knew for a fact that he was wanted, and if the law knew he was here they'd shoot to kill, but that wasn't what he was thinking about, "No. I...just uh...someone I knew was gonna get hung in there...before my pa...got him out."

Stephen nodded and pulled out a small canister of chew, "This pa of yours sounds like quite a fella. I'd like to meet him." He opened the canister and took a little out with his finger, he held the can out for (F/N) to take some, "No thanks. You're a couple years too late. TB got him a while back." As the arrogant man put the tobacco in his lower lip he nodded, "You don't talk about what you was doing before you got here? I'm curious how you met your wife. I've seen her, there ain't a lot of women that look like her if you know what I mean."

(F/N) frowned and looked at him, "Excuse you?" Stephen put the case of chew away, and held his hands up defensively, "I didn't mean nothing by it, just that she's good looking and all. Where'd you meet?"

(F/N) pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a pack of matches and handed them to Stephen, "I'll tell you if you light one for me." (F/N) tried to recall the story he was used to giving, as Stephen looked at the pack, "You smoke this cheap crap?"

(F/N) shook his head, "No, I buy the tobacco, and roll it myself. The cheap pack is so people don't steal it." Stephen nodded and pulled one out, "I used to work in a Tobacco field in Lemoyne but then some assholes decided to go and torch the fields. I lost my job right after I put the fire out. Fucking assholes."

(F/N) remained calm as his friend described something that he had done with an old friend, he had ran into a couple people like that, "I've heard Lemoyne's a nasty place. I try to avoid it when I can, I lived most of my life out west out in Armadillo. That's where I met Leslie, she was working as a maid and we just sort of took up."

Stephen nodded as he lit a match off his boot and quickly lit the cigarette, he handed it to his friend as the wagon raddled deep into the woods, both of them were oblivious to the fact they were being watched. Neither of them noticed that two men on horseback emerged from the woods and were slowly following from behind. (F/N) took the cigarette and took a long drag, it helped with his nerves. They were almost to the ranch, it was about ten minutes away, and they were in some pretty deep woods, but Stephen was oblivious to any danger.

Stephen smirked, as he continued the line of questioning, "Any chance she has a sister? Cause she's my kind of girl, sweet, pretty, and willing to be with lowlife's like us." He burst out laughing but (F/N) rolled his eyes, suddenly the two men on horseback decided to make there presence known, "Evening Gentleman."

Stephen smiled, he didn't think the men were any threat at all, he didn't see what they were doing, "Evening, what brings you fella's around here?"

The other man started talking, he had a repeater in his hands, pointed up at the sky, "Oh you know, work." (F/N) immediately tensed up, the two horsemen were on both sides of the wagon. He knew what they were gonna do and he needed to be alert, he smacked Alex on the shoulder to wake him up. Immediately he heard snorting from the back, the other man was slowly coming back to reality.