Part. 29

(F/N) was putting a couple hundred dollars in the money box at camp, he could certainly afford it. That bank heist had made him quite a bit of money. (F/N) smiled, when he saw Dutch walking up to him, "It's good to see you back on your feet, son."

(F/N) nodded he had spent the last couple days moping around camp until he finally couldn't take it anymore, he needed to do something, "I can't sit around here much longer."

Dutch smiled, as he looked around camp, "Well I'm sure everybody will love to see you back at it."

(F/N) shrugged, he seemed a bit down, "I guess."

Dutch's smile dropped, "You don't sound okay."

(F/N) sighed, and shook his head, as he reflected on the past few weeks, "It's just...there's a lot going on Dutch. I try to keep looking ahead...but I'm having trouble. This whole situation with Micah, Mary-Beth and I, and the law chasing us isn't helping either."

Dutch put his hand on (F/N)'s shoulders, he spoke with confidence, "Son, I made a promise to you, I would never abandon you. Sure there will be tough times, I can promise you that. But if we stick together then we will make it to paradise?"

(F/N) smirked, Dutch was getting that weird look in his eyes again, "Paradise?"

Dutch continued, "Yes...what we have here. Us sticking together that's paradise."

(F/N) shrugged, he was still depressed, "I guess."

Dutch grimaced at those words, he raised his voice, he had that wild look in his eyes again, "You're doubting again, I can feel it. No, don't guess. Guessing is doubt, doubt is the end. 'Yes, Dutch.' Say it!"

(F/N) took a step back, the man was slightly scaring him but he replied, "Yes, Dutch."

Dutch smiled again that weird look in his eyes was gone, "Thank you, son. Together we are strong. Alone we're dead."

(F/N) nodded slightly, he was about to ask Dutch if he was feeling alright himself, but Jack's voice distracted him. "Here, boy...here boy...whose dog is this?"

(F/N) and Dutch turned to look at the little boy, sure enough, there was a thin grey dog walking up to him. Dutch smiled and walked over to Jack and the dog, "Well, well, where did he come from?"

Jack shrugged, he was smiling at the dog, "I don't know. He just wandered in," Jack petted the dog, "hi, my friend, hi."

The dog wagged his tail, (F/N) stayed a couple of feet back, the scars on his arm proved he didn't have a good track record with dogs. Dutch kneeled down to pet the friendly dog, "Well, then he's ours, I guess for now."

Jack's smile grew, "Aww that's so great. What should we call him?"

Dutch glanced back at (F/N), as he got off the ground, "Well he's a wanderer...probably did something bad...how about...(F/N) the second."

(F/N) responded angrily, "That's not funny."

Dutch smiled at getting under his skin, "Alright, Cain it is then."

Jack smiled and patted Cain's head, "Hey, Cain, hey."

Cain started wandering off into camp, Jack was practically jumping with joy, he turned to (F/N), "(F/N)...a dog, a dog!"

Jack was smiling as he went to play with Cain. Dutch chuckled as he turned to look at the young gun. (F/N) thought of the last time they had a dog here, "You're really gonna let him keep that dog?"

The leader of the gang shrugged, "That boys been through enough, he needs something like this."

(F/N) nodded, Dutch suddenly thought of something, "Could I have you do something for me?"