Part. 20

------------------------------------------------Chapter. 3 Clemens Point-----------------------------------------------

A few days later

Things have been a little rough adjusting but nothing we can't handle. It's nice being warmer again, but it's not the West, we're stuck here for now. I hoped I would never be this close to that god awful place again. There's nothing left there for me but pain and suffering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) took another drink from his bottle, it was hot and humid out, and as usual, it was a great day for a drink. Karen was sitting across from (F/N), she was drinking more than him, she had her hair down and looked out of it. He looked at her and smiled, letting out a drunken chuckle, "Damn, how much have you had?"

Karen looked at (F/N), then let out a drunken laugh, "I...I...got no idea."

The two shared a laugh, they were both shit-faced, suddenly Miss Grimshaw stormed over to both of them, "What are you two doing?!?"

(F/N) couldn't figure out an answer, but Karen quickly thought of something, "I'm..."

She stopped for a moment and thought, finally she added, "I'm having a baby, miss. Right here, right now. It's (F/N)'s."

Grimshaw scoffed at the drunk woman, while (F/N) burst out laughing. Grimshaw silenced him with a look then turned her attention back to Karen, "The cheek on you, girl."

Karen fired back, she didn't care, "Why?' Cause I don't take your bullying? If it's you that feeds me, then I'll take your nonsense. Until then, shut up."

Grimshaw pointed a finger in Karen's face, "You better watch yourself girl."

Karen brushed Grimshaw off, the older woman turned her attention back to (F/N), "And you need to be doing something else besides drinking. You've done nothing but sit around here for the last few days!"

(F/N) scoffed, he wasn't in the mood to work, "Well, what would you have me do?"

Grimshaw looked annoyed as if the drunkard should already know the answer, "Mr. Pearson, needs some errands run in town, go talk to him."

(F/N) sighed, hoping she had been bluffing about work, he slowly got up, he could still control himself, Grimshaw walked away to ruin someone else's day. As the drunk gunslinger walked away, he looked back at Karen and said, "By the way, Miss Jones. If it's a boy name him Liam."

Karen laughed and raised a bottle, her face was flushed, "Will do."

(F/N) stumbled a bit at first, but quickly regained his composure as he walked over to Pearson's wagon. The new camp was pretty nice, and everyone seemed to love it, especially the lake. As (F/N) walked over to Pearson's tent, he noticed that the camps cook seemed tense. Mrs. Adler also seemed to be on edge, she was gripping a knife in her hand pretty hard as she was chopping vegetables, both of them had there backs to one another.

(F/N) ignored the obvious signs that he shouldn't bother them, he tapped Pearson's table, where he was cutting some meat. Pearson looked at (F/N) he looked very stressed out, the color was drained from his face, and he had dark circles under his eyes. The young gun looked at him and said, "Miss Grimshaw said you had some errands that needed doing."

Pearson smiled as if someone had lifted a weight off his shoulders, "Yes, I do have some things that need doing."

Suddenly, Pearson turned around and yelled at Sadie, "You see, that's how a useful and sane person acts."