Part. 25

(F/N) was holding up one of the camp's wagons, so John could pound one of the wheel's into place. (F/N)'s arms were shaking, he had held it up for so long, John noticed (F/N)'s exhaustion, "We're almost there, my friend."

(F/N) nodded and started biting his lip, his face was red, "Don't talk just keep fixing the goddamn wagon."

The scarred outlaw shook his head, he hit the wheel with one great last pound, and then added, "That should do it."

(F/N) let go of the wagon and fell to the ground he couldn't move his arms. He was breathing loudly, John laughed at him, (F/N) groaned, "Why couldn't we have Charles or Bill help?"

John shook his head, "Because it's funny to see you get overworked."

(F/N) was about to lay into the man when John's son Jack walked up, he had a huge smile on his face and a twinkle, in his eye as he walked up to his, he had a stick in his hand, he looked at him for a while, and then said, "Pa, can you come play?"

John's smile faded as he turned to look at Jack, he scratched his neck awkwardly, "What'd you call me?"

Jack seemed unfazed, "I'll be Achilles, you be Hector."

John shook his head and softly replied, "I...don't read none of that nonsense."

(F/N) frowned as Jack still tried to get his father to play with him, he waved the stick in his hand around, like a sword, "It's easy. You swing your sword like this!"

(F/N) laughed at the little boy's imagination, John wasn't as easily impressed, "Now ain't such a good time, kid."

Jack's smile faded, he obviously was disappointed, he started walking away, "Guess it never is."

(F/N) looked at John, and let out a disgusted sound, the older man looked at him, "Don't you say a word, (L/N)."

(F/N) looked at John as he got off the ground, "You should be nicer to your boy."

John scoffed, "If he's even mine."

(F/N)'s eyes widened, he was getting angry now, "Course he's yours!"

John tossed the hammer on the wagon, "I'm not getting into this with you."

(F/N) scoffed and walked off, Arthur noticed (F/N) and walked over to him, "Marston, being an idiot again?"

(F/N) nodded, he didn't need to think about it a second time, "Yup."

Arthur nodded, "I feel like everyone else is an idiot."

(F/N) raised an eyebrow, "Whys that?"

Arthur shook his head, "Think about, we've achieved a state of true insanity. We're deputized, lawmen for christ sakes. We helped a moronic dupe deputy and an alcohol-soaked sheriff."

(F/N) smirked, as he added on, "Don't even get me started on the Braithwaites."

Arthur looked at (F/N), "Why? What happened?"

(F/N) shook his head, "The head of the family, Catherine Braithwaite. She's worse than Grimshaw. None of Hosea's charm even fazed her. She paid us to go sell that moonshine at the Gray's tavern. Things are weird down here."

Arthur nodded, as he thought about it, "I guess it's a good thing, we've lost ourselves so much, it might take the Pinkertons and there like an eternity to find us."

(F/N) nodded, "I suppose, were you gonna head over to the Grays and deal with those horses or the Braithewates?"

Arthur looked at (F/N) remembering what Dutch had asked from them, "I suppose, after hearing how bad the Braithwaite plantation is, I'll pick the Grays at Caliga Hall."