Part. 38

"Hey, they're back! I think I see Jack." Bill's words were immediately heard through the camp, but Dutch still announced their presence, "Abigail! We got you your son, everything..."

John interrupted, he happily yelled out, "We got him! He's fine!"

(F/N) climbed off of Bullseye, he saw Abigail walking to the front, as soon as she saw Jack she ran right to her son. The little boy smiled, "I'm fine, momma. They fed me good, Italian food."

John helped Jack off his horse, as the boy continued, "You ever eat that?"

Abigail hugged Jack as hard as she could, "Come here you silly boy," there was a smile on her face, she was almost in tears, Jack groaned at the hug. The grateful mother looked at his rescuers, "You got him. You got my son back. Dutch, Arthur, (F/N), thank you. Thank you."

Abigail walked Jack back into camp where he was greeted by Hosea and a couple of the women. (F/N) looked at John, he had an expression on his face he couldn't quite read. Hosea walked up to the small group, eager to hear how they had got along, "Well?"

Dutch sighed, as he recollected what had happened, "Well, we met Mr. Bronte. He is quite a character."

Hosea raised an eyebrow, "Is he now?"

(F/N) answered the question, "He's like Dutch but more extravagant and power-hungry."

Hosea laughed at (F/N)'s comparison, "Now that thought scares me."

Dutch sighed, as he wanted to give his own version of events, "Instead of listening to the boy, let me tell you about him."

Dutch patted Hosea and the back as he left he looked at John, "John, you go be with your family."

Then the leader of the gang looked at (F/N) and Arthur, "Arthur...Thank you. (F/N)...Shut up." Dutch obviously needed a drink. The young gunslinger looked at the other men as Arthur lit a cigarette. John seemed reluctant to speak but eventually, he said, "Thank you...both. I don't know how to say it, but thank you."

Arthur looked at John, at that moment (F/N) witnessed an extremely rare moment in history, Arthur Morgan forgiving someone for a past mistake. Arthur patted the scarred outlaw on the back, "Do as Dutch says, go be with your family."

John nodded and tipped his hat at the two of them and walked over to Abigail and Jack, he was gonna do things differently. (F/N) looked at Arthur, "Looks like he's finally making some good decisions."

Arthur nodded and smoked a bit, "For once."

The two men walked slowly into camp, (F/N) looked at Arthur, "Are we gonna be okay?"

Arthur shrugged, as he thought about it, "Honestly...I don't know...but until then let's just enjoy ourselves."

(F/N) nodded, he looked over by the campfire, everyone was gathering around, it looked like everyone was getting ready to celebrate Jack's safe return. (F/N) noticed Mary-Beth had a drink in her hand and a smile on her face. Arthur noticed, "You know when you got kidnapped by Colm, she was beside herself. She missed you a lot."

(F/N) smiled and looked back at Arthur, he remembered when he had ridden into camp half-dead, "I know, I told her I loved her a while ago, she told me she loved me back...But she moved on, what am I supposed to do?"

Arthur laughed as if he had said something stupid, "In a couple of days, she moved on, completely?"

(F/N) shrugged, he didn't think he was missing something, "That's what she said."

Arthur shook his head, the younger man knew nothing about women, "Women are complex, I hardly understand them. But If they say they want nothing to do with you, that means, you need to try harder. So keep trying."