Part. 79

(F/N) couldn't stop thinking about all the sacrifices he had made. All the horrible things he had done, they felt so small and insignificant now. Now that he had money, they didn't seem to matter. Those assholes in the government tried to bully him and keep him down but he had beaten them.

Although, something was gnawing at him, something he couldn't quite describe. As he rode with the rest of the gang back to camp, he thought about it some more, they were still a long distance from camp, so he had plenty of time. Unfortunately, that time was cut short when he saw Tilly riding up to them on a horse, she was in tears, "They came and took Abigail, I saved Jack...we hid, but they took Abigail."

(F/N)'s thoughts halted to a stop when he saw Jack on the horse with Tilly, he looked terrified. The young gunslinger couldn't help but notice how afraid the boy was. He had lost his ma and he was looking at the group for his pa. (F/N)'s happiness was quickly halted, as Arthur spoke up, "Who did?"

Tilly came to a stop right in front of them, "Agent Milton and his men took her to Van Horn to be put on a boat and tried for murder."

(F/N)'s eyes widened, the Pinkertons had been to camp, and had taken one of them, "What?"

Dutch shut his eyes and looked at the ground, "I am sorry to hear that."

Micah chimed in, to let his opinion be known, "We gotta let her go. John's a," he looked at Jack, but he didn't seem sad at leaving the boy, "well...sorry, son."

Jack's expression struck a chord with (F/N), he jumped off of Bullseye, as Micah finished his sentence, "Without John, she's just bait...got a bunch of money, Dutch. She's just a girl."

(F/N) walked up to Dutch's horse, he knew exactly what it was like to be alone without anyone, "Dutch, we have to go get her."

Dutch glanced at (F/N), he pointed at Jack, "We have to help her, for him. W-we need to..."

Micah glanced at (F/N), as he spoke to him as well, "Come on, son. You were telling me how you thought she was a rat, me and the boys know we need to keep riding on this one."

(F/N)'s father turned his attention back to Dutch, "Come on, Dutch. We need to keep going, you know it, every man here knows it."

Arthur spoke up, and tried to reason with Dutch as well, "So we just gonna let the boy be made an orphan?"

Dutch finally spoke for himself, he was clearly annoyed, "It-it ain't like that!"

Arthur yelled back, "Then what is it like?"

(F/N) glanced back at Jack, "Dutch...if we don't help her...then that boy he's...gonna turn out just like us...he-he deserves better."

Micah rolled his eyes, at the young outlaw, he was getting tired of him as well, "Shut up. Remember what I said, who's your real family?"

(F/N) frowned and looked at his boots, was Micah right? It was Abigail after all? Nothing was gonna happen to her. The man smirked at his words and turned to Arthur, "And I wanna live cowpoke, I still got the choice. I don't need you dragging the boy down with you."

Micah turned to the leader, and tried yet again to sway him, "Dutch, it's just a girl..."

Dutch nodded, he had made up his mind, "You're right."

Arthur climbed off of Boadicea, and tried one last time to make him see sense, "Dutch."

Dutch looked at Arthur, as he ran up to his horse, "It pains me to say it, Arthur, but he is right."

The sick man looked at him, desperately trying to find any shred of the old him, "Dutch!"

Dutch looked at (F/N), he was still trying to figure some things out in his head, he looked at the rest of the gang, "Come on, boys."