Part. 40

(F/N) sat down at the table and started eating. He couldn't stop smiling, not after the nice night he had yesterday. (F/N) even smiled as Uncle sat across from him, he was eating a bowl of stew as well, "Well you're in a good mood, aren't you?"

The gunslinger looked up from his stew, "What can I say, I had a good date last night."

The old man looked at (F/N), he was shocked, "A date? Oh god, not you too. You've finally passed the point of no return."

(F/N) frowned for the first time, "What's wrong with that?"

Uncle scoffed as if it was obvious, "You used to have some self-respect, now I look at you, all I see is a wimp and a complainer. That's what women do to you."

(F/N) looked at the old man, "You don't know what you're talking about old man. You complain about your 'lumbago' all day, every day."

Uncle shook his head, "I'm an old man. You ain't old, and you're still worse, you don't complain with your words you do it with your eyes. Where I come from we got a word for people like you: Wives. You used to be a tough young hoodlum, now you're a lovesick woman."

(F/N) stood up, grabbed the old man's stew bowl and dumped the contents on the ground, as he walked away Uncle yelled at him. "That's exactly what a wife would have done."

The young gun waved his hand as he walked off, Hosea quickly caught up to him, "(F/N), hold up."

(F/N) turned around, he smiled, "Mr. Matthews, how can I help you?"

Hosea caught his breath, he was getting too old for running, he spoke with a grim expression, "It's time."

(F/N) frowned, immediately shaking his head, "No."

Hosea shook his head, he seemed disappointed, "There's no getting around it son. Dutch said you had to."

(F/N) groaned, he refused to accept his fate, "Can you or Arthur talk to him?"

Dutch came up to him, Arthur followed close behind, "Ohh it's happening son. Signor Bronte the horrendous snake has invited us to the ball, Cinderella."

(F/N) shook his head, and folded his arms, "I refuse to wear a suit."

Dutch looked at Arthur, a smile slowly spread across his face, "I thought it would be funny to see Arthur wearing a suit. But you have to do a bit more than wear a suit."

(F/N) frowned, he didn't understand what he meant, "What do you mean?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) was sitting with his suit jacket off, as Mary-Beth combed his hair back, "I still don't understand why Dutch is having me do this."

(F/N) shook his head, he was still sour, "I refused to get a haircut or comb my hair. So Dutch had the only person he knew I wouldn't attack do it."

Mary-Beth smiled as she looked at his now short (H/C) hair, "Well you do look very handsome."

(F/N) didn't drop his glare, "That doesn't help at all."

The woman set the comb aside, "Then why do you even bother shaving if you don't like cutting it."

(F/N) sighed, as he thought about it, "That's Dutch's doing as well, he says you should only grow or shave off your beard when your hiding in plain sight. It helps when you're on the run."

Mary-Beth picked up a jar of hair pomade that Arthur had lent her, "That is a smart idea."

(F/N) nodded as soon as she put the slimy paste in his hair, he freaked out, "What is that? What are you doing to my hair?"