Part. 21

(F/N) was trying to wrap his head around what Arthur had just told him, "So let me get this straight, these two families, the Grays, and the Braithwaites have been at each other's throats since...the beginning of time. All over some gold. And Dutch sees an opportunity to make some money?"

The aged gunslinger nodded, the two men were sitting around a campfire, Arthur was smoking a cigarette while (F/N) was eating a chunk of bread he got from Pearson's wagon. "We met them when we were going fishing, they actually had Trelawny arrested. We helped them out and they released him. He sent Hosea to check on the Braithwates, Dutch and I were gonna see if we could look at the Grays. I thought you and I could ride down to the sheriff's office to see what we could find out. Dutch was planning on meeting us there."

(F/N) nodded it sounded solid, "I always wanted to take advantage of the rich down here. They took enough from me before I could do anything about it."

Arthur nodded, he leaned forward, "I know how you feel. But this isn't about revenge. That's why I wanted to talk to you, I need to know you can get your head clear."

The young gun ate the rest of the bread and rubbed his hands together, he stared into the fire. "I can't let go of my past that easily."

Arthur sighed, "I know and I'm not asking you to. I'm just asking you to put it aside for now." (F/N) sighed, he wished he could move on, but for Arthur, he could keep his anger in check, "Fine."

(F/N) was about to add something else but then he noticed Karen walk over to the fire she smiled at him, "Hey (F/N), I had an idea for a job. You interested?"

The gunslinger blinked a couple of times slipping on his bright and cheery mask, he smiled right back, "Of course, what's the job?"

Karen's smile only grew, "Well before you and Arthur went an shot up the town, I was looking at robbing the bank in Valentine. There's some money there, I put a lot of work into this one, I think we can hit it."

(F/N) looked at Arthur, "Whatchu think?"

Arthur shrugged, as he thought about it, "If there's a score to be made, it's worth the time."

Karen rubbed her hands together, "Good, I guess I can count both of you boys in."

Suddenly, someone butted into the conversation, that somebody was Bill Williamson. "Hey if you're hitting the bank, I want in too Miss Karen."

The normally drunk woman scoffed at the dumb man "Why would I want you, Mr. Bill?"

Bill looked at Karen, offended, "Well what's wrong with me?"

(F/N) laughed, he didn't want to go down the list, "Well Bill...you're not really the finesse kind of guy. This job doesn't scream your area of expertise."

Bill scoffed and walked over to the fire, "I didn't understand a word you said. But I still want in."

Karen sighed, she didn't want to argue, "Fine, you're in. But you better not drag us down."

Bill nodded with a smirk on his face, glad he had gotten his way, Karen winked playfully at (F/N) and walked off. He looked at the man, "Well big Bill it looks like your dumb luck paid off yet again. I never get bored of seeing you get into these kinds of things."