Part. 34

(F/N) walked up to the woman's tent Mary-Beth was reading a book, the man rubbed his hands together, he had thought about this for a while, and he knew what he wanted to do. He had faced down the fiercest of animals, criminals, and the law, but this is what made him nervous, "Miss Gaskill?"

Mary-Beth looked up at (F/N) and frowned, "Mr. (L/N)."

The gunslinger swallowed, she seemed upset at him, "I was wondering...would you like to...come riding with me again?"

Mary-Beth turned back to her book, her expression never changed, "No, thank you."

(F/N) frowned he ran his hand through his hair, he had been expecting that, "Might I ask why?"

The woman didn't look at him, "You made your feelings about us very clear."

(F/N) sighed, his epiphany was hard to explain, "I've changed though. It took a near-death experience and...Sean for me to see that. But I see things differently. Any day anyone of us can die, I have to enjoy the time I may have left. I know you're mad at me, but I want you to try to understand."

Mary-Beth looked at (F/N), she had a neutral expression on her face now, "I'm not mad. I just moved on."

(F/N) sighed, but he refused to give up, "I will win you back."

The book worm shook her head as (F/N) walked away, he was already planning on a way he could to get her back, but that would have to wait. His priority was Jack, (F/N) walked over to Dutch, he was councilling John, while Arthur and Hosea were sitting next to him. John was holding it together but he was still pissed off, Abigail wasn't any better, she was in tears when she found out Jack wasn't there. When the gang's leader saw (F/N) he smiled, "Son, will you come over here for a moment?"

(F/N) nodded and walked over hesitantly, Dutch clapped him on the back, he pointed at Arthur, "Arthur here was saying, we stirred up all that trouble for nothing. Would you please be so kind as to say why this wasn't for nothing?"

(F/N) frowned and sighed, he did something he never thought he would do, and said, "I can't do that."

Dutch looked at (F/N) a look of pure shock on his face, as he didn't do what he wanted, "Why not?"

(F/N) shook his head, it was obvious, "Because we got practically nothing out of that. We only got a couple of dollars from the jobs we worked and, we lost Sean and now Jack's gone. I'm sorry to say Dutch, but we got played for fools. Arthur's right to say it was for nothing."

Arthur looked at (F/N) and nodded sadly it was true, Dutch gritted his teeth, "No, no not for nothing. For living. Once we get that boy back, we're gonna fix this and vanish. Trust me."

(F/N) was about to express his doubt, but Lenny's voice rang out, "Hey, Dutch. We got a problem."

(F/N) turned just in time to hear Agent Milton's voice, "Not a problem, visitors, a solution."

(F/N) grimaced, a chill went down his spine, sure enough, Agent Milton and his lackey Agent Ross were in camp, the gang's camp. Lenny was walking behind them with his rifle trained on both of them. (F/N) leaned against the table as they walked up, he kept calm, he really wanted to shoot them but somehow he kept calm. Everyone in camp came over to see what was going on, this didn't look good. Agent Milton smiled, he was so proud of himself, "Good day fine people."

Milton looked at Dutch and Hosea, his smirk only grew, "Mr. Van der Linde. Mr. Matthews."

The man looked at John, and squinted, "Who are you?"

John glared at the Pinkerton, "Rip Van Winkle."

Milton kept a straight face, "Huh...good day, sir," both of them looked around the camp and introduced themselves, "Agent Milton, Pinkerton Detective Agency. Agent Ross."