Part. 80

Arthur's fight to that building was a bloody one. There had been even more Pinkertons waiting for him. It was only him and his repeater, he felt awful but he didn't lose focus on his goal. The bullets were flying through the air as he ran through Van Horn, there were dead bodies scattered all around. Somehow Arthur had pushed his way through though, he ran straight to the building. His only goal was to save those two women, everything else didn't matter.

Once he was just outside the door, he took a couple of seconds to catch his breath and think about his approach, if he screwed up they were all dead and this would be for nothing. Arthur took a deep breath and kicked the door wide open, with his gun ready, there was a Pinkerton hog tying Sadie, while another was looking over Abigail, who was tied to a chair. Arthur aimed his repeater while the two lawmen were reaching for their guns. Time went by in slow motion as the sick man fired two shots, each buried themselves in the men's heads, they never even stood a chance.

Arthur threw his repeater over his shoulder and pulled out his knife, he was still taking deep breaths, "Okay ladies, let's get out of here."

He walked over to Abigail and started cutting the ropes that held on of her hands, he was gasping for breath as he worked as fast as he could, but right before he could finish he heard someone pull back the hammer on a revolver, "Calm down, Mr. Morgan."

Arthur coughed a few times as he slowly raised his hands, Agent Milton stepped out from where he had been hiding, and pointed the gun at his back, he was casually leaning against a wooden post. As the aged gunslinger kept coughing, Milton smiled, he was enjoying this, "That's quite a cough."

Arthur slowly raised his hands and turned to look at the bastard, his crony Ross wasn't there. Arthur sighed as he finally caught his breath, and glared at him, "Sure. Tuberculosis. I'll be dead soon and you with me, Mr. Milton."

Milton chuckled, he didn't take his threat seriously at all, "You'll be dead, sure but I'm gonna be just fine."

Arthur started coughing again he bent down, Abigail and Sadie were trying to get free of there bonds but they weren't having much luck. Milton rolled his eyes, "We should have offered you that deal. Instead of that gunslinging idiot, he should have taken it."

Arthur smiled and looked up at him, that they could both agree on, "That boys a fool, just like me, Mr. Milton."

Milton shrugged, when he spoke again, "Thankfully, his real father isn't so idiotic."

Arthur frowned, there was no way he could have known that, "How did you..."

The pinkerton smiled, as he delivered a gut wrenching blow, "Find out? Well Old Micah Bell, doesn't have so many scruples, even to his own son."

The gunslinger stared at Milton, he couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Micah? You mean Molly?"

The Pinkerton raised a brow, he didn't seem to understand, "Molly O'Shea? We sweated her a couple of times never talked a word, had to let her go."

Arthur looked at his boots as he slowly realized what had been happening, Micah had sold them out, Milton smiled at his distress, "Micah Bell, on the other hand...we picked him up when you boys came back from the Caribbean and he's been a good boy ever since."

Milton took a few steps forward, his smile was wide, Arthur mumbled to himself as he bent down, as he processed what he had been told, "Okay...okay."

As soon as Milton took another step forward, Arthur let out a yell rushed forward, and immediately grabbed the Agent's gun and pointed it in the air, before he could get a shot off. Agent Milton actually looked concerned for a minute, but then he quickly took back control of the situation, the sick man was barely a concern. Arthur's arms were shaking as he tried to resist, Milton slowly moved the gun down to point it at his head, he was laughing, "You're losing your strength, Mr. Morgan."