Part. 16

When (F/N) got back to camp he was sweaty and exhausted, he had been walking all night, he had to take the long way so he wouldn't have to go anywhere near the refinery. Even then he was afraid some O'Driscolls might jump him or the law might get him. (F/N) sighed when he saw Bullseye eating from a bale of hay that Kieran had moved over, he walked over, the horse was pampered. The horse turned his head slightly, and when he saw his owner he let out a soft snort.

(F/N) walked up to Bullseye, he had to move carefully as the rest of the gang's horses were eating. The man looked at his horse, he was pissed, "What are you snorting about? You left me to walk back."

The black Arabian turned it's head to look at (F/N) and neighed loudly as if to apologize, he nodded his head, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

(F/N) walked away from the horse's area and slowly laid down on the warm grass ground, as long as it was dry and didn't have a horse pie in it he didn't care, he was tired. (F/N) took a big whiff of the ground, he was face down in the grass, with his eyes closed, he didn't care where he was. Right before he was about to drift off to sleep he heard someone walk over to him and stand over him for a short while. (F/N) let out a small groan, the voice of Abigail responded, "I saw one of the horses pee there about an hour ago."

(F/N) immediately rolled away from the piss spot, and away from the other woman, she laughed at his antics. He sighed, and did an impression of Trelawny, "Hello Miss Roberts, to what do I owe this interruption of my attempted slumber?"

Abigail smiled, she rubbed her hands together, she wanted something, "I was gonna ask for a favor?

(F/N) groaned and slowly got off the ground, "I was up all night, running around the Heartlands, like a fool, thinking I was gonna get robbed or arrested possibly both. All I want right now is a couple of hours of sleep."

Abigail looked at (F/N) pleadingly, "I promise, it'll be easy."

The look on (F/N)'s face didn't change, Abigail's definition of easy was vastly different from his, "What is it?"

Abigail looked at (F/N), hoping he wouldn't turn her down, "Would you do something with Jack? He seems kind of down. All this upheaval couldn't have been easy on the poor kid."

(F/N) smiled slightly, but he still wasn't in a good mood, "Why? Because I'm the schmuck who usually helps you out?"

Abigail scoffed at (F/N)'s perception of himself, "That and...well because he looks up to you, you're the fun Uncle, and, well...you know his fathers useless."

(F/N) looked at his tent off in the distance, it seemed so warm and comfortable, yet so far away, the need to help the poor mother slowly outshined his need to rest, "Fine, I'll help you out."

The mother smiled, she knew she could count on him, "Thank you, you're a good man."

(F/N) waved his hand dismissively and started walking back over to the horses, but suddenly he remembered something and looked back at Abigail, "Ohh speaking of John. Could you tell him I did that thing for him? He'll know what that means."

Abigail nodded, "Of course," (F/N) kept walking, he spotted Jack throwing rocks at Kieran while he was brushing a horse. He smiled slightly, but held back his laugh, "What are you doing, Jack?"

"Throwing rocks at the O'Driscoll."

Kieran turned around to look at little Jack, "Leave me alone."

Jack kept throwing rocks, so the former O'Driscoll just turned back to brushing the horse. (F/N) finally laughed, "That's good you want to keep the camp safe, but Kieran here ain't an O'Driscoll."