Part. 69

My Lord, what a mess. Every second that ticks by, I feel people going crazier and crazier. Mary-Beth is so nervous she can hardly do anything else besides asking me to reassure her that everything's gonna be okay. Arthur's lost his mind completely, he told me he met a nun, and she told him some wonky stuff. Now he's even more confident with doubting Dutch. I blame tuberculosis for that, he's barely eating anymore, and whenever he has time, he just sleeps. He keeps helping at the Indian reservation, I can't say I blame him there, I look for any excuse to get out of here. I even said I was gonna rob these pig farmers, who I think were brother and sister, that depressed me even more they seemed like nice people. But it was better than being around camp, this place is so depressing I can hardly stand it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sighed as he leaned against Pearson's wagon, Bill and Javier were next to him, none of the men were talking, no words needed to be said. The men were lounging around, (F/N) was about to take another spoonful of stew when he heard Charles talking, on the other side of the wagon, "Just seems like we're making a whole lot of trouble for no real reason."

(F/N) put down his stew, Bill frowned as he heard John replied, "Making trouble for those who deserve it always seemed reason enough for Dutch."

Javier clenched his fists, as he continued, the entire group was pissed, "Problem is, I ain't sure he cares who he's fighting no more."

(F/N) calmly walked over to the other side of the wagon, Javier and Bill followed even though he didn't ask them to, Charles added, "You can't kill everyone."

(F/N) pulled out one of his cigarettes, and let his presence be known, "What are you boys talking about?"

Charles frowned when he heard his voice, he immediately tensed up, "Nothing."

(F/N) nodded, he lit a match off his boot and held the flame up to the cigarette, he took a puff from it, "Nothing...I don't think so. It sounded like something. What say you, Bill?"

The dumb man nodded as (F/N) tossed the match aside, "Oh they was definitely talking about something. What are the pair of you scheming about? You goddamn traitors."

John moved into an uncomfortable position as the dumbest member of the gang pointed at him and proceeded to berate him, "You weren't nothing but a street rat when he found you. He believed in you when no one else would. (L/N) was in the exact same spot as you, you don't see him betraying Dutch."

He turned his rage to Charles next, "And you ain't been nothing but a bad apple from the start. You ain't been with us for a full year and you think you know better!"

(F/N) spoke firmly, as he sucked the tobacco, "You're both turning your backs on Dutch when we're so close to the end. What the hell's gotten into you?"

John scoffed, he was put off by (F/N)'s line of questioning, "Why're you acting like this? You used to be a decent man. More than decent actually, and you threw it away because Dutch told you to. You really are your father."

(F/N) felt his anger rise, as he took another long drag from the cigarette, "You shut your mouth. You don't know anything about what I've had to do Marston. Because you somehow managed to make it out of that bank alive."

Javier threw his hands up in the air, and laid into the two men, "What the hell's wrong with the both of you? We're supposed to be loyal, especially now, it's by staying together, we live. You're an arrogant son of a bitch, John."

The scarred outlaw looked at the Mexican, "What happened to you too? I've saved your life, you've saved my life. I'm not being arrogant, I just won't let my child die because of Dutch. I love Dutch, but this is getting crazy. You're crazy if you can't see it"