Part. 41

Dutch saw (F/N) on the floor of the house passed out, he had his huge wool sleeping bag thrown over him it was pulled all the way up to the top of his head. The gang's leader smiled seeing a perfect opportunity, he walked up to him silently. Dutch's smile was larger than it had been in a while, the man took a deep breath and yelled out, "(F/N), we're under attack!"

(F/N) sprang up and flailed around reaching for his gun belt which was a few feet away, his eyes were wide and he was hyperventilating. Dutch laughed as (F/N) realized what was going on, "Damn it, Dutch."

He laid back on the ground, catching his breath, suddenly someone else moved out from the sleeping bag, it was Mary-Beth, her brown hair was a mess, and she looked exhausted too, Dutch frowned slightly. (F/N) looked at her, and seemed upset, "Did I kick you?"

Mary-Beth nodded and brushed off her dress as she got up, "A little bit."

(F/N) sighed, as he looked at her, "Sorry."

The woman nodded, as she walked off "It's alright." (F/N) got off the ground and grabbed his gun belt, he quickly fastened it around his waist, "Thank you for that."

Dutch scratched the back of his head, "I thought you were...It's good to see you two getting along."

(F/N) yawned, he wasn't amused at all, "So what'd you need?"

Dutch went back to his usual demeanor, "It's time to start working here."

(F/N) nodded, he stretched his arms out, "So what were you thinking?"

Dutch walked towards the door, "Well I had Hosea handling reconnaissance on the bank, he and Abigail are running some distractions to see how the law reacts."

The gunslinger nodded, "Good, rich folk around here take their money seriously."

The man with a plan chuckled, as he described another set of events, "Oh, and I had the pleasure of speaking to Evelyn Miller. He is a fine man as expected. But that's not the point, he's here helping the local Indian chief who was at the party."

(F/N) yawned again, "Yeah, I think I saw him."

"Good, Mr. Miller is lobbying city officials on their behalf, maybe we could help?"

(F/N) scoffed, "By we you mean me."

Dutch shook his head, "You and Arthur. you make a good team."

(F/N) sighed, as he started to wake up, "What else is on our plate?"

Dutch smiled as he opened the door to the swamp that was Shady Belle, "There is that riverboat. I think there's some serious money. And Trelawny, he's investigating for us. He's at the tailor's with Arthur. I need you to dress in that suit from last night and head down to the shipyard. I'm gonna check out the trolley station, Signor Bronte suggested. And don't bring any weapons with you."

(F/N) nodded again he looked around, everyone seemed happy but something was missing. (F/N) looked at Dutch as he was walking across camp to his horse, "Hey Dutch, have you seen Kieran? I ain't seen him since we got Jack back."

Dutch raised an eyebrow, "The O'Driscoll? No. Don't worry about him, he'll be fine."

(F/N) shook his head, "He ain't an O'Driscoll and we do have the law chasing us down. I just want to be careful."

Dutch smiled, as he saddled up, "I understand son. But we can't lose focus now. One more big score and we're heading home."

(F/N) watched Dutch as he slowly rode into the woods, he shouted out, "And where is home?"

Dutch yelled back, he sounded off when he said, "I don't know...but I can smell it."

(F/N) shook his head and walked back to the old house.