Part. 65

GODDAMN ARTHUR! I gave him all I had and that's how he repays me! By getting ready to leave with his woman! I hate him...as soon as I wrote that I knew I shouldn't have. What he said...it just...pisses me off. I had his back through all of these years. Did he ever really have my back? Or was I just a means to an end to Mary? Fuck...as my health is coming back to me, I'm starting to wonder about everything. If I can't trust Arthur, who can I trust?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sat on a rock and stared at the horizon as he put his journal back in the satchel. The woods blocked out any line of sight he had, he preferred it this way, for some reason it just felt right. (F/N) sighed, he wanted to be alone right now, but those hopes were dashed when he heard Mr. Strauss, "Ahh Herr (L/N). I was looking for you."

(F/N) sighed, he was about to ask the man to go away, but after thinking about it, maybe talking to someone would help him get his minds off of things, "Yes, Herr Strauss?"

Strauss smiled, he was glad he hadn't been told to go away, "I was wondering if you were...available for some work."

(F/N) frowned, he knew Strauss was on edge but he resented him for even asking him that question, "I don't do that sort of thing."

Strauss seemed desperate to try to get back in the rhythm of things, "Please, we've lent a lot of people money, we need every cent we can get if we are to leave. I'm sorry to ask you but..."

(F/N) sighed, Dutch's words went through his head, 'whatever it takes'. (F/N) swallowed what little pride he had left, he knew what he needed to do, "Alright, but only because we need the money."

Strauss' smile returned, as he realized he had someone to help him, "Excellent, normally Mr. Morgan would assist me. But he refused this time."

(F/N) nodded as Strauss handed him a slip of paper with names and locations, he muttered to himself, "Arthur, doesn't have the gangs best interests at heart."

Strauss frowned, not understanding what he had heard, "What?"

(F/N) shook his head, and stood up, as he walked away he added, "Forget it. I'll get you your money."

Strauss smiled, he felt relieved, "Good, thank you. We needed that money yesterday."

(F/N) stopped in his tracks, after the loaner said that phrase, it made him remember something, "What did you say?"

The loaner looked at him concerned, but nonetheless repeated himself, "We needed the money yesterday."

(F/N) nodded, he crumpled the paper in his hands, as he realized the line he had almost crossed. He realized what he needed to do, but he didn't know if he should do it, or if he would get away with doing it, "That's what I thought you said."

The Austrian loaner looked at (F/N) concerned, "Are you alright?"

The angry man nodded slowly, he slowly made up his mind, he didn't care what anyone said to him, "Yeah...better than alright actually. I..." (F/N) took a deep breath, as he stared at Strauss, this needed to be done, and it needed to be done now, he spoke forcefully, "Get up."

Strauss looked at (F/N), even more confused, "What?"

(F/N) grabbed him roughly by the shoulder, "Get up!" he yanked him into a standing position and marched him away from the rock, he was gripping his shoulder. Strauss looked at him like he was insane, he probably was, "What's wrong?"

(F/N) scowled at him, his hatred for the man had finally reached a boiling point, "Nothing's wrong, there's just some lines I just won't cross. I want this gang to survive, but I will never be a debt collector and I won't have you doing that to anyone else. Not anymore."