Part. 62

Charles dragged the dead Murfree to the side of the cave so no one would see him, he had already planted the dynamite, he was taking cover from behind the rocks. (F/N) stood right in front of the cave, his Mauser was tucked into his pants, so the Murfree's wouldn't get freaked out when he reached for it. Everything was up to him now, whether this plan would work was up to him.

(F/N) cleared his throat and looked at Charles, he had that same dark expression on his face, "Don't tell anyone what I'm about to do."

Charles looked at him confused, but he slowly nodded, (F/N) took a deep breath, and started doing the unimaginable: singing.

He started in a deep but loud voice, "All day I face the barren waste. Without the taste of water. Cool, water."

(F/N) stopped for a bit to listen there were voices coming from the cave, he swallowed and kept going, this was going well, "Old Dan and I with throats burned dry and souls that cry for water. Cool, clear, water."

There was shuffling from the cave, the Murfrees were coming to the front, "Keep a-movin', Dan, don't ya listen to him, Dan. He's a devil, not a man. And he spreads the burning sand with water."

A large group of Murfree's came out of the cave, a whole bunch of them had machetes, and one even had a shotgun. (F/N) swallowed they were covered in blood, and they were looking at him like he was about to be lunch. Charles slowly got his sawed-off out in case this went wrong. (F/N) sung one last verse, "Dan can you see that big green tree. Where the water's runnin' free. And it's waiting there for you and me."

(F/N) stopped singing when the Murfree's all got creepy smiles on their faces, one of them started walking forward. (F/N) shuddered, he reached in the back of his pants, the Murfrees tried to run at him but he was too quick, he fired one shot. That's all it took. The explosion was enormous, the loud bang, sent the Murfree's straight to hell and there body parts flying everywhere. (F/N) quickly jumped to the ground so he wouldn't get coated in their blood.

Charles spoke up, as he got out of hiding, there were blast marks where the dynamite had gone off, "I think what was all of them."

(F/N) slowly got off the ground, the camp really didn't look that different. The Murfree's bodies blended in with the other bodies, he nodded, "We should clean up before we get everyone else here."

Charles nodded, as he walked to the entrance of the cave, "If you finished that song, you probably would have killed them anyway."

(F/N) shook his head, he was already regretting doing that, "Shut up."

The pair were about to start cleaning but they heard someone shouting from the cave, "Help!" it sounded like it was a woman. (F/N) kept his pistol out, it could be a trap, he looked at Charles, "They have someone trapped in there."

Charles nodded, as he pointed in the cave, "You head in there and get her."

(F/N) looked at the man, as the yelling continued, "Me? Why can't you?"

Charles gave (F/N) a blank look, as he looked at the camp, "Would you rather clean up all this or go help that girl."

(F/N) groaned, he didn't want to get his duster jacket covered in blood again, "Fine."

(F/N) went into the caves without another word. He looked around there were supplies everywhere, but no more Murfrees left, thank god. The big cave was pretty well lit so he didn't have a rough time navigating it. The cave was even bigger than the clearing, he didn't have time to admire it though, he heard the woman scream again. 

He rushed through the cave, he wanted to get this done quickly, he found a set of cages, sure enough, the woman was there screaming her head off as he ran up to her. "Miss, are you alright?"