Part. 50

The night in Saint Denis wasn't quiet, it was raining lightly and there were patrols everywhere. Everyone in the city wanted to find the nasty bank robbers. Near the shipyard, however, was quite a different story. Dutch slowly opened the door to the building, he crept forward, after looking around for a bit, he waved his hand. Slowly, the rest of the gang followed him out of the building. (F/N) was clutching his shotgun and following Dutch. As soon as they were a reasonable distance away, their leader addressed them all,  "Okay, follow me and keep your heads down."

Dutch crept forward as fast as he could, he was focused on the shipyard, "Boats, come on," everyone followed after him. The rain was getting worse, they ran up to a stopped train. (F/N) peered over to the other side, there was a couple of lawmen with lanterns, he whispered to the group, "We got company."

Arthur sighed and looked at Dutch, he looked agitated, "What now?"

Dutch glanced at them, they weren't looking in their direction and they were talking, he kept himself focused on his goal, "Everyone, stay down and keep quiet."

Dutch looked at Arthur, and whispered, "Arthur, you come with me. We'll sneak through the train. The rest of you follow when it's clear."

Dutch carefully climbed up the stairs and went into a train car, Arthur followed after him. (F/N) looked around quickly and crouched down as he snuck into the train, the only source of light was coming from the windows. He wanted so badly to get back to camp, but he had to wait. He hopped Mary-Beth had made it out okay, he hoped that the group he was with wasn't the remainder of the gang.

As he snuck through the dark train car, Dutch loudly whispered, "Someone's coming, duck!"

(F/N) immediately lept behind a set of seats in the train, he saw Arthur behind another set of seats right in front of him, he hoped the others had enough sense to hide. Sure enough, a light went down the ile most likely from a lantern, he could hear the lantern holder loudly breathing, the guard sighed and said out loud, "I don't see why we have to check the train. They just robbed Lemoyne National Bank. It's not like they're gonna take the first line outta town."

Another man spoke up, "But Milton said..."

The lantern holder spoke up, he was clearly irritated, "Milton said a lot."

After a while, he heard another heavy sigh, "Come on I don't want to be out here all night."

The light slowly disappeared, (F/N) crept out of his hiding spot slowly, he looked back, the others were doing the same. Dutch led the group off of the train and back into the rain. The leader moved quickly over to a building, they were slowly getting closer to the boats. But right before Dutch walked around the corner of the building, he moved right back around, "Shit. Stop all of you."

(F/N) ran over to the side Dutch was on and threw himself against the wall, "What's wrong?"

As everyone else got against the wall Dutch sighed, "Pinkertons. We're never gonna get past these fellers."

Dutch looked at Arthur, then back over the corner, there were some crates and supplies that could make good cover, "Head over to the water, see if you can't draw them out."

Arthur looked back at Dutch, "Draw them out how?"

Dutch shook his head, he was almost mentally spent, "I don't know...make a noise whistle or something."

Arthur sighed, he moved quickly over to the water, making sure to stay low. (F/N) held his breath, he prayed Arthur didn't end up getting caught, then he heard a soft whistle coming from the dark. (F/N) smiled to himself when he heard the non-visible lawmen, "Huh? What was that?"