Part. 75

(F/N) couldn't stop smiling as he walked into the refinery it was completely deserted, this was perfect. Dutch looked at (F/N) and Arthur, as they trailed behind him, "We need to find the office."

The dying man frowned, he didn't know why they were here, "What are we looking for?"

(F/N) pointed up, he was eager to get this done, "The office is upstairs to the right. He and I were there when we helped Eagle Flies."

Dutch nodded, he was in a good mood, "See Arthur? You need to be more like the boy, that's what loyalty looks like. Now, come on!"

Arthur repeated himself, he wasn't happy to be here, "What are we looking for?"

The crazed leader was tired of explaining himself, "Money, you fool, the money. There's state bonds here, lots of them. I thought you were paying attention."

Arthur looked confused, so (F/N) elaborated, "We learned about them right after Mr. Cornwall died."

Dutch nodded, as he climbed the flight of stairs, "He was being paid by the state to develop the region, against the federal government's wishes."

(F/N) smiled, as he added, "The Indian problem was the biggest of their concerns."

Arthur's mouth opened, as he realized the big picture, "So we get it and we're done? We're almost free?"

Their leader smiled, he was trying not to show his joy, "Yes...if we're right."

(F/N) smiled, as he thought about the money they were still gonna make, "Then all that's left is to rob that train for the money to get set for Tahiti, and then get the hell out of here."

Dutch nodded, his smile grew as the office got closer and closer, "We've had tough times, the toughest of times. But come on...don't doubt me no more."

The gangs' leader threw open the door to the office, Danbury wasn't there, it was completely empty except for a desk and a couple of cabinets. The man with the plan made a beeline for the desk, that's the only place they could be. The older man threw open drawer after drawer, (F/N)'s heart beat a little faster as he searched.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Dutch frowned and softly said, "I got 'em...I got 'em."

Dutch looked at the two, his face was in disbelief, "I got 'em. This is it."

Dutch looked through the documents as (F/N) was almost moved to tears, "It's state bonds."

Arthur frowned, as he walked up to him, "How much?"

The man with a plan smiled, "A few thousand dollars worth maybe more. Oh we are nearly there."

Arthur's eyes widened, he snatched the documents from Dutch's hands he needed to be sure. (F/N) was clapping, "All the people who fell...it was all worth it. Once we rob that train the families saved."

Dutch smiled at (F/N), "Son...we're nearly there. We're nearly there."

Arthur handed Dutch the documents back, "Mr. Morgan, let's go home."

(F/N) held the door for Dutch and Arthur, he silently apologized for the smallest doubt he had ever had about Dutch. As they walked towards the stairs, Arthur started coughing again, this one sounded bad. But (F/N) ignored it, once they were free, Arthur could spend the rest of his days on a beach.

As they got to the staircase, the sound of the front doors to the refinery being opened echoed through the room. An old man with a highly decorated military uniform walked into the room, a couple of soldiers followed him inside. Arthur muttered, he recognized him from the meeting with Rains Fall, "That's Colonel Favors."