Part. 13

(F/N) swung the ax again, moving his hands down the handle, the smooth wood was burning against his hands. When it made contact with the log it split in half. (F/N) tossed the firewood into the pile, he wiped the sweat off his brow, it was a beautiful day out, he wished he wasn't trapped at camp.

He sighed as he grabbed a couple pieces of firewood, he walked over to the fire and set a piece of the wood down, he even tossed one of the logs onto the fire. He let out a yawn as he took a couple of steps back and sat down on the ground. He had been working hard all morning, he needed some time to rest. He leaned against a log and sighed, almost everyone was out doing something. Hosea had run off to Emerald Ranch, Bill and Javier had run off to get some snake oil peddler, and John had gone to the saloon to get a drink. Here he was chopping firewood by himself, he needed a drink.

Before (F/N) could stand up and get something to drink he noticed that Sean was sitting by the fire whittling. It was nice having him back, in a way, even if he was annoying. (F/N) sighed, and decided to open the can of worms, that was starting a conversation with the blabbermouth, "Finest whittler in all of Ireland, huh?"

Sean looked up, he smirked at the man's compliment, "Oh of course,"

(F/N) noticed, the black eye on Sean's face, he laughed slightly, "Nice, black eye."

Sean looked back at (F/N), and gave him a cocky smile, "Oyy you better not be making fun of me, (L/N). I got this eye fighting five O'Driscolls, you got a shiner worse than this fighting one guy is what I heard."

(F/N) laughed again and shook his head, "First of all it was a big guy and I still won, second of all Karen told me."

The Irishman's cocky smile faded, he tried to cover his tracks, "I don't know what you..."

The young outlaw interrupted, and repeated exactly what Karen had told him, "You keep your dirty horse shit-eating hands off me, or I will stick a knife in you boy."

Sean groaned as the gunslinger rolled with laughter, "Alright, alright keep it down."

(F/N) kept laughing, he was almost in tears, "You're so good with the women."

He fell over on his stomach from laughing so hard, Sean threw his things on the ground, he couldn't stand being laughed at, "I got more skill than you, (L/N)."

(F/N) tried breathing but he was having trouble, from laughing so hard "Sure...sure...whatever you say."

Sean stood straight up, and jabbed a finger in his face accusingly, his pride was injured, "I guarantee you, I could get one of them, women, right now."

(F/N) cleared his throat and coughed, he was still chuckling a bit, "I guarantee you, you can't."

Sean walked over to (F/N), he wanted so badly to get him back, "Ahh it looks like we have a wager. What are yah willing to put up?"

(F/N) whistled and got up, he knew exactly what to put up, he slowly got an idea, "How about guard duty? For the rest of the month."

Sean's eyes widened, he hadn't been expecting that, "Those are some high stakes," (F/N) shrugged, he was wondering if Sean would fall into his trap, "that should tell you how certain I am."

Sean clicked his tongue and thought about it, but being the proud man he was stuck out his hand, "Alrigh, but when I win, don't try to get out of it."

(F/N) took Sean's hand, and shook it, his plan was going exactly to plan, "Alright, let's go, I can't wait for you to look like an idiot."

Sean started walking to the girls' tent, "Oh you'll be the one who looks like an idiot when Miss Gaskill throws herself in my arms and declares her love for me."